Meetup at California State Fair in July @ Chicken exhibit building!

well it sounds like we aren't actually meeting up at 12 noon now. I'm still going to go, even though I'll be by myself. Just got off the phone with HHandbasket. Nice lady!!
smile.png
She might still go, too!

If anyone goes, be sure to track me down! Just walk up to anyone who looks like my avatar and say, "Are you Orp?"
lol.png

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
I am coming at noon
and my friend from up in the foothills is coming too
we will be there at noon

Come on folks, dont' give up
see you there at noon
I'll wear my purple hawaiin shirt with bananas on it
makes me REALLY easy to find.
hope to see you there.

hi mediazeal! oh bummer, I won't be able to make it at noon now. I chatted on the phone too long. Send me your phone number by pm! I'll call you as soon as I get there. Okay, I'll hurry now. I have an hour and a half drive, and still need to change the oil on my truck. YIKES!

I'm going! I'm going!
ya.gif

I'll be watching for you in your purple hawaiian shirt. Let's see, I'll wear the orange shirt in my avatar.

Going! Zoom----------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Me, too. I'm going! But I won't get there until around 1-ish. I'll be wearing a dark purple blouse & black jeans. I'm 47 with bleached blond hair & I'm about as big as a piece of popcorn.

If anyone wants to PM me their phone #, I'll give you mine!! So what if it's not a big group... the point is, we're going!!
smile.png

Farmer Lew (my handsome better half) may be joining us later in the day, I believe, as well.

Orp, if you PM with anyone else that's going, feel free to also share my phone # with them.

See y'all there!

Last edited:
Ok, since it's just 4 of us so far, it looks like the official time is now 1pm.
see you there

It was so nice to meet everyone today! I had a good time. Wish they'd had a bigger selection of breeds. It's still going on tomorrow, so maybe there will be more then.

Still, it was nice to meet everyone and have a good time, eat some gnarly greasy food and just hang out. It was fun.

Hope to see y'all again soon!

just got home myself. I got lost in the dairy goats, and never found the landscaping exhibits. I needed a map!
lol.png

It was great to meet some more chicken nuts! Here are a few pics, and as promised, nothing but the wild shirt will be shown of mediazeal!
smile.png

18671_pict4447.jpg

18671_pict4448.jpg

18671_pict4449.jpg

18671_pict4450.jpg

Was great to meet you all.
Fair was busy and hot, chickens were few, but you guys were fun!
Thanks for organizing it HH and thanks for coming such a long way OrpintonManor
Let me know anytime you want to go Chickeneering

Yay! Enjoyed meeting HHandbasket and OrpingtonManor today and spending time with mediazeal. Also shown in the pics are two of my neighbors and fellow chicken, turkey and duck lovers, Karen and Paula. So much fun to hang out talking chicken and eating fair food. Thanks for the fun afternoon!

just got back from state fair. you would think they would have a lot more chickens and ducks!!! There were more at our county fair! The dairy goats were awesome though, especially the oberhaslis
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom