Melanistic pheasant eggs

i just hatched a bunch of them. some olive shades, some dark brown, some light brown. they're not all olive colored. the only ones that differed at all were my golden and red golden. those i could easily separate by their whitish shell. the others varied drastically.

Yes I was talking about melanistics. Thanks Tony you are my saviour. Just making sure I was sent the right eggs. My red goldens lay light brown ish eggs. Gonna set them tonight and let the praying begin.

interesting enough. mine are melanistic, and they were the dark brown and light brown and some olive(ish). my goldens were very light yellow, almost white. is the melanistic not a ringneck mutant?

yes it is melanistic ringnecks. Received 18 eggs today, 2 cracked so not setting them. But setting thr rest tonight. I tried to buy an adult trio from several sources but seems no one ever wanted to call me back. They would email me telling them to call them but would never return my calls. This site made me decide to try and hatch my own. Everyone is so helpful.

Back
Top Bottom