Member Question??

ksrygler

Songster
8 Years
Sep 16, 2014
Avoca, indiana
i have been a member for a while now but I had a question probably best asked here....Is there anywhere I can post a video? I have a story I would love to share with everyone here, of my daughter and her Rooster, but everyone would think I’m a liar or crazy without the footage. Every time I have tried to post it I receive an error message that the file is to large.

Here’s the video. You tell me where I should put it??? Lol

Eden and I were cleaning the coop, her rooster flapped around against something and his comb was bleeding a little. I told Eden to go grab a hand towel and put a little pressure on it so it would stop. 15 mins later still no Eden so I came in to see what was taking so long. I holler “Eden what are you doing??” She says from the bathroom “ I’m getting the blood off his feathers”
Here’s what I see when I get to the bathroom.....

That's funny! I'm surprised at how relaxed he looks.
He was convienced it was spa day for chickens!! She nearly gave him a complete sponge bath. He never moved till she picked him up. All her chickens are like that with her!! She holds them in her arms like babies kisses them right on the beak.
She’s like that with all animals period

C4D608AF-C146-41EF-B8B6-AD742FC6CAFA.jpeg
I just don’t think this is normal chicken behavior. Lol!!

F382BB42-251F-4206-A518-7337E7F4624F.jpeg

A nap in the yard is never better tha with your chicken!!

Last edited:
Here’s the video. You tell me where I should put it??? Lol

Eden and I were cleaning the coop, her rooster flapped around against something and his comb was bleeding a little. I told Eden to go grab a hand towel and put a little pressure on it so it would stop. 15 mins later still no Eden so I came in to see what was taking so long. I holler “Eden what are you doing??” She says from the bathroom “ I’m getting the blood off his feathers”
Here’s what I see when I get to the bathroom.....
That's funny! I'm surprised at how relaxed he looks.

7399F0A7-31D3-49F3-B15F-573742CEF652.jpeg
43014063-1D9B-4A05-BDEF-F74CE7DF4776.jpeg

This is Annie our handi capable hen who lost one whole foot and some toes last winter when she was accidentally left out for the night and was frost bitten. Eden and I found her a silicone sleeve in the podiatry section at the store and a extra small dog boot This is the only way any can balance herself well enough to lift her good foot to warm it. She only needs it in the winter tho. In the summer she gets around just fine. Because we have to monitor so closely. Annie now has her own coop. It’s a medium dog crate in the living room right by the front door. She climbs the stairs every night and waits patiently until someone hears her pecking on the door to come in. She walks in right to her crate and is content there till she is let out first thing in the morning.
7399F0A7-31D3-49F3-B15F-573742CEF652.jpeg
43014063-1D9B-4A05-BDEF-F74CE7DF4776.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom