Members in Florida

It's under the Where Am I/Where Are you forum, and listed with the state threads, here's a link to the FL one:
Florida

Also...:welcome

Just got three Buff Orpinton chicks.
Last had chickens many years ago, probably longer than most on this board have lived, so my knowledge is extremely limited.
I would like to have them free roam but family is concerned that the chickens will poop on our pool deck and back patio, is it a valid concern and should I keep them in a run ?
The area I would like to keep the in is approximately 60x 60, will a small 4 foot fence keep them from the pool and patio ?

South Florida can be very hot and we have torrential rains. Keeping the aforementioned weather concerns in mind, how large a coop should I build (excluding the nesting boxes) ?
Don’t see the following as an issue but want to ask, are any of our fruiting trees possibly toxic to the chickens. We have bananas, mangoes, avocado, lemons, guava, mamey, lychee, peaches, soursop, Cuban nispero, pomegranates, oranges, jabuticaba, longans, papaya.

Thanks

Just got three Buff Orpinton chicks.
Last had chickens many years ago, probably longer than most on this board have lived, so my knowledge is extremely limited.
I would like to have them free roam but family is concerned that the chickens will poop on our pool deck and back patio, is it a valid concern and should I keep them in a run ?
The area I would like to keep the in is approximately 60x 60, will a small 4 foot fence keep them from the pool and patio ?

South Florida can be very hot and we have torrential rains. Keeping the aforementioned weather concerns in mind, how large a coop should I build (excluding the nesting boxes) ?
Don’t see the following as an issue but want to ask, are any of our fruiting trees possibly toxic to the chickens. We have bananas, mangoes, avocado, lemons, guava, mamey, lychee, peaches, soursop, Cuban nispero, pomegranates, oranges, jabuticaba, longans, papaya.

Thanks

If you click on the Florida link in my above post, you'll be able to chat with other members there...that's a good resource for FL concerns.

need some help here. I have a friend who lives in Tavares. She recently mentioned the price of eggs at the Winn Dixie. She's on Soc. Sec. Disability from a stroke. I was hoping to connect here with someone who can supply her with eggs at a cheaper price. Thanks. Rancher in NY.

need some help here. I have a friend who lives in Tavares. She recently mentioned the price of eggs at the Winn Dixie. She's on Soc. Sec. Disability from a stroke. I was hoping to connect here with someone who can supply her with eggs at a cheaper price. Thanks. Rancher in NY.

Rancher, try posting on the Florida state thread to see if you can find your friend some help:
Florida

Nice of you to try to find her some eggs!

Back
Top Bottom