Membership cancellation

Do you have Chrome save your passwords for sites like BYC?

My guess is that your Google account, Chrome Browser, etc. got hacked / compromised and they are telling you to update all the passwords on sites where you saved your password.

I'm not saying 100% that's what it is, but in the 15 years I've been doing this and seen dozens of "my account was hacked", it was never a BYC compromise.

Also, if BYC was compromised, we'd have hundreds and hundreds (thousands) of people lighting up this forum and our email box.

What I think is likely is that you used the same password on both a site that was compromised and BYC, or someone else used that same password on a site that was compromised. The Chrome password manager will tell you that a password which you have saved has been compromised and that you should change it if it's found on a list of passwords compromised by data breaches, irrespective of whether the data breach is specific to the site(s) that you use the password for. I agree that a BYC data breach is pretty unlikely.

Do you have Chrome save your passwords for sites like BYC?

My guess is that your Google account, Chrome Browser, etc. got hacked / compromised and they are telling you to update all the passwords on sites where you saved your password.

I'm not saying 100% that's what it is, but in the 15 years I've been doing this and seen dozens of "my account was hacked", it was never a BYC compromise.

Also, if BYC was compromised, we'd have hundreds and hundreds (thousands) of people lighting up this forum and our email box.
Well that's good to know!....this is a first for us so it scared me a bit. Thank-you for this information. Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom