Membrane hangimg on by a thread

Regina Stultz

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2017
After a tense 26-28 hours my first Cymani finally hatched. The poor baby is dragging dried membrane that is stuck to her/his butt around though...wait for it to fall off or do it myself?

You can take it off :) It's probably just due to some low humidity in the incubator, and maybe the embryonic "poo" is a little more sticky than usual. Do make note of any redness or the possibility that the yolk sac is not fully abosrbed.

You can take it off :) It's probably just due to some low humidity in the incubator, and maybe the embryonic "poo" is a little more sticky than usual. Do make note of any redness or the possibility that the yolk sac is not fully abosrbed.

Here is a pic. Magnify and you can see the little screen. Is it still ok if she is in the incubator and I have other eggs in there as well?

Attachments

• 20210511_161242.jpg
    20210511_161242.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 5
I would actually cut the thread with a pair of scissors just in case it is attached to something more important inside of her. But she doesn't need to be dragging that icky stuff around, it looks like embryonic waste.

Yes, you can leave her in the incubator if you want. I like to take mine out when they are able to stand (sometimes sooner) so that they don't roll around the other eggs and so that they can dry better, but it won't hurt if you leave her in.

Back
Top Bottom