Memorial for several

so sorry for you lost i too lost my horse do to she mine old man was 23 when he past and I miss him more then ever My son dose not under stand why Rocky in not here anymore he lived that horse so much and loved to ride him Now My other horse smokey look to the older horse like a mother and when he died smokey called for him for days. I know they r just anmiles but they become a part of our family and i cryed for days

So sorry for your loss. It's such a tough day when you loose a companion of 30 years. Take care of yourself.

He was stunningly deep red chestnut. Good to see such a rich colour, it seems to be uncommon now.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your horse. :hugsYou had some wonderful years with him. Our old gal Sanna is going to be 26 this year and I worry that one day I'm gonna walk out and see her not be able to get up. I dread the day when we will have to say goodbye to her.
Sorry to hear about your neighbors dog too.
hugs.gif

Sorry about your horse. I understand because I lost 2 last year within one week and one was my very favorite.

Elizabeth

I'm so sorry to hear about your horse. We had to put our old QH down this past fall because he broke his hip. It was so sad because my two youngest children and me, too, learned to ride on him. It affected everyone so much that the whole family was in tears for days, even my big tough, 6'4" husband. He cried right along with the rest of us. It's so hard to lose a close friend like that. I will say a prayer that he is in the big green pasture in heaven.

Sorry about your horse, we lost one last year he was 25, his buddy ran and ran looking for him and calling him. That was very hard. Butyou horse he had a wonderful life with you and look and all the fun you had with him. He is a pretty horse and the paint in the picture is so pretty also.

30+ years, especially with so much of it in the same loving home is the best a horse can ask for! And to be loved and cared for to the end.
Good on you for making his life wonderful.

Thank you all for caring so much. He really deserves the recognition. I would like to share a story about him from last year.

Ok, my younger sister (not really a rider) decided to show him at our county fair. Of course, being more interested in the concession stands and thrill rides, she neglected his care and he became my responsibilty the whole week (I have 3 to care for that week). The day of her shows, she went home early complaining about insects and the cold and then it was too hot....anyway, she couldn't make it back to the fairgrounds in time to make the show, so I took him out into a Saddleseat class and showmanship hunter-type class (forget the exact name). The second we entered the ring, he perked up and behaved perfectly for me. We ended up with TWO GRAND CHAMPIONS! Of course, my sister's picture was with him in the newspaper and all, but she deserved it as she was the one who most often rode him. We could trust him with our lives and a special part of my early childhood and my parent's lives is gone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom