Messed Up Neck HELPPP!

KingTorta69

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2017
Georgia
I Have a rooster for a couple days he been Keeping his head in diffrent ways here are some pics had any of yah had the same issue??
20181124_161241.jpg

What type of rooster is that?
How long have you had him?
How old is he?
Has he been fighting or been attacked by a predator?
Have you added any chickens to your flock in the last 30 days?

It looks like he has Wry Neck which is a neurological symptom caused by injury, vitamin deficiency and disease like Marek's.

You can try offering him vitamin support to see if that makes a difference.
Give him 400IU vitamin E, plus 1/4 human B-Complex daily. Add some egg, tuna or sunflower seeds for Selenium.

Keep him hydrated and eating. You may also need to help him eat/drink if he is unable to do that himself. Here's a video that shows you how

How old is he?

It looks like he has Wry Neck which is a neurological symptom caused by injury, vitamin deficiency and disease like Marek's.

Give him 400IU vitamin E, plus 1/4 human B-Complex daily. Add some egg, tuna or sunflower seeds for Selenium.

Keep him hydrated and eating. You may also need to help him eat/drink if he is unable to do that himself. Here's a video that shows you how
He eating and drinking fine and no there hasent been added any chickens to his flock he is a Radio Rooster, he also hasent been attacked i will give him what you recommended Thank you so much!

How old is he?

how do you think i should add the egg and give him the tuna raw?

Is he the one that is pooping what you posted ?here https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/found-worms-freaking-out.1281610/page-3

If he is, then I would also treat him for worms unless you can get a fecal float.
You can use either Valbazen or Fenbendazole (safeguard).
Dosage for Valbazen is 1/2ml given orally, then repeated in 10 days.
Dosage for Fenbendazole is .23ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 days in a row.

I would scrambled or hard boiled the egg, then mash it up a bit. He should just gobble that down:) Tuna, just put it in a little dish.

What do you normally feed your GF?

Is he the one that is pooping what you posted ?here https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/found-worms-freaking-out.1281610/page-3

If he is, then I would also treat him for worms unless you can get a fecal float.
Dosage for Fenbendazole is .23ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 days in a row.

I would scrambled or hard boiled the egg, then mash it up a bit. He should just gobble that down:) Tuna, just put it in a little dish.

nah it was this other flock still trying to see which chicken was it

i normaly give him chicken food you know big corn crushed corn wheat seeds and sunflower seeds and i add this oil that has fatty amino acids and i give them fried meal worms , tortillas that been mixed with water amd bread

T

Thanks for all the help hopefully they get better

I Have a rooster for a couple days he been Keeping his head in diffrent ways here are some pics had any of yah had the same issue??View attachment 1599098
Check for mites and worms,i've had a chicken earlier she was doing exactly the same.She could barely eat and had her neck twisted and vision almost lost.I tried every method but in the end it was the mites who were feeding on her and the nutritional deficiency caused her to behave abnormal so i dewormed the entire coop and kept feeding her garlic and pumpkin seeds and sprinkled diatomaceous earth directly on her for about a month and she came back to normal....Maybe your rooster has the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom