Met my babies

Pics

pamperedamber

Songster
Dec 24, 2015
Riverside, Ca
Today we got to meet our baby chicks. Ranging from 4 to 6 weeks. Dottie (silver Wyandottes), the other 4 still have yet to be named. 2 eAster eggers, a buff Orpington and a black sexlink.
Once my children pick out which ones are thieves then we will have names.

We have also started our coop and will have it completely done when my mom brings them over tomorrow. It is an 8x8. The chickens part will be 3 1/2 x 8 and the rest will be a play house so to speak for us to hangout with our chicks.

Congratulations on getting your own flock.

The coop is coming along nicely, would love to see pics after you get it finished.

My babies are in thier new home with us. We have part of the coop blocked off since the inside is not done. Here is a pic of them in their new coop.

Last edited:
I was so excited to wake up this morning and see my chicks survived the night. Last night we had our coldest night of 38. They are up and jumping around. Now it's time to finish their home.

Today was surprisingly warm so the chicks spent the day outside while we worked on their coop. Here is a little of what we did today.

It was warm. My son is afraid the chickens are going to try and eat his hair so the jacket is protecting him from them.

The pop door.
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
A walkin coop was harder to design but we are having fun doing it as a family.

We have the chicken coop door finished! Now we can go in and out without worrying about them getting out or the dogs getting in. Time to work on the roosts.

Back
Top Bottom