metal lining inside coop?

if I were adding windows I would use a cutting wheel or sawzaw to cut out the windows. From there I would make a metal frame to fit exact dimensions and have a nice size square frame (wood could also be used) and nut/bold it to the side. then you can attach hardware cloth to the frame so nothing can enter/exit

I didn't look at that very well. Looks like the window itself is already cut in. Could use wood to frame it in or metal. Could have metal frames that fold over made or use flat bar and nut/bold it to the side with hardware cloth attached

Im wantin to put a window on top of the cut out parts with the wood. It gets so hot down here that I want to make sure theres plenty of ventilation in it. I wanna put mesh where the wood is with some flip up covers. Its in a shaded spot. Im hopin that will keep the tin from gettin hot. Do I need to add any windows or will that be enough? One side does raise all the way up and want to be able to put a screen behind that so I can prop it up on hot days.

I'm not sure if it would be enough or not. From what I've been reading you can never have enough ventilation. I plan on having three sides with flip up windows and an electric fan on the roof to push air

Do not paint the inside of any coop. Chickens tend to peck at things and it could prove toxic to them. If you use metal, be sure to put your coop in a cool spot with lots of ventilation. Metal can get really hot to touch in the sun. You wouldn't want your chickens being cooked alive!

Back
Top Bottom