Metal or wood shed?

I'm thinking about this shed. It should be big enough for what I'm needing.

That shed is around $500. I cannot find a wood shed for that price and at that size. I live in NW Arkansas.

Matt the interior of yours is identical to mine except mine now has several dents in it from the sheeps horns ;)
I too found the sliding doors a waste of time the runners fill up with poo and the plastic hangers break.
It is after all a garden tools store really!

The shed the OP suggest is a lot bigger though and with proper ventilation as in all down one side may do the job
personally I would not bother to try and insulate a metal shed, that seems to defeat the purpose and could be a haven for mites

if you want something insulated then Vinyl as you call it is the stuff to go for both mine are twin walled

Good point about metal also getting hot in the summer yet the Aussies seem to love the stuff even on the roofs of their houses but using plastic in stead of metal (stokbord) I built one based on this idea

0.jpg

We live where there are four distinct seasons each year. Winter actually comes with lovely freezing temperatures and snow (closest ski resort is less than half an hour drive from the house). Summer comes with temps usually in the 80's, though sometimes we see 90's.

All that is to say that we're big fans of our cedar coop and would not consider a metal one at all. We have two large windows in front that stay open all the time in the summer and are only closed at night in the winter. There's also a long horizontal window on the back of the coop that helps with cross-ventilation. When we get our sideways rain, that window gets closed.

I'll always vote for wood. :D

Matt the interior of yours is identical to mine except mine now has several dents in it from the sheeps horns ;) I too found the sliding doors a waste of time the runners fill up with poo and the plastic hangers break. It is after all a garden tools store really! The shed the OP suggest is a lot bigger though and with proper ventilation as in all down one side may do the job personally I would not bother to try and insulate a metal shed, that seems to defeat the purpose and could be a haven for mites if you want something insulated then Vinyl as you call it is the stuff to go for both mine are twin walled Good point about metal also getting hot in the summer yet the Aussies seem to love the stuff even on the roofs of their houses but using plastic in stead of metal (stokbord) I built one based on this idea
That caravan is AWESOME!

Back
Top Bottom