Metzer Farms customer service?

I have some keets that shipped out last night (Monday) from Metzer and USPS is saying they will not arrive until Friday by 9pm. When I ordered it said 2 day shipping and was told paying for Express does not make it go faster. I emailed asking if I should pay extra for Express and they assured me it would not help. I am concerned they won't make it being shipped for 4 days. It is to Texas so not cold, but still.

To those of you who have ordered from Metzer Farms, how have your surviving ducks fared? We ordered 6. They shipped an extra one - which was good since one was DOA. But of the remaining 6, one was blind and runtish (and subsequently picked off by an owl at 12 weeks), another had to be dispatched after a grotesque battle with wry neck (started a week after receiving it), and the third, a giant pekin, ended up with fused hocks, and a lame right wing at 12 weeks - it too was just dispatched. 50% ending up with some pretty bad (presumably genetic) defects is not a good sign. Just giving my $0.02.

Back
Top Bottom