Metzer Farms???

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by myechostories, Jul 25, 2012.

1. myechostories

myechostories Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2012

Wouldn't that be amazing to see your ducks hatch (i've never used an incubator). I ordered two blue swedish, two buffs, two fawn and white runners, one blue runner, and two cayugas :)
    I live out in the country (way out) so the pick may not be ideal, but i'll have to check for the nearest one. :)

2. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    If possible, at least let your local post office know they're coming in and make sure they have your phone number so they can call you. Most post offices won't deliver the live birds because it might mean that they'd be in the postal truck all day without food and water and air conditioning.

Also, be sure to post pictures when they come in, we'd all like to see.

3. myechostories

Jul 21, 2012

Yes, i notified the post office yesterday. They said they recieve livee ducks/chicks all the time so no worries there :)
    And of course, they are due next wednesday, so i'll post pics first thing

4. Metzer Farms

Metzer Farms Official BYC Sponsor

Oct 11, 2010
    If you want to add GroGel, just call us at 800-424-7755. The GroGel is a nice insurance policy. Thank you, John

1 person likes this.
  5. Eglantine

Eglantine New Egg

Jun 4, 2010
    I live in Colorado and ordered from Metzer in March. I went to our local post office and picked up the box of eight ducklings at 6:00 a.m.! They were all healthy and happy and in fine shape. I am happy I ordered the grow-gel because it was all eaten by the time they arrived. They are thriving and actually just began laying eggs this week! I would definitely order from Metzer again -

6. myechostories

Jul 21, 2012

Thanks! I may just do that :D

7. NCFF

NCFF Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2011
    I ordered for the first time from Metzers this year. I ordered 2 pair of geese and 10 WH Ducks. They shipped 1 extra duck. Order shipped when they said. Monday. I got a cal on Tuesday morning around 1000 from my main Post office hub(about 30 min away. She said we have your order. so I drove up to get it. Did not have to but I figured the sooner I get them the better. They would have delivered to local office , but I did not want to wait. All made it , but had to cull one duck she would not stand, I think she got trampled by geese. If you are ordering now , you might have some trouble it is really hot. See where your main hub is and maybe you can pick them up there, and/or go to local post office and make sure the know order is coming in for you and give them all your numbers for contact. Good luck

8. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast

I strong urge you add it to your order, GroGel just makes the trip that much easier, even more so with the summer heat. Enjoy and do post pictures.

9. myechostories

Jul 21, 2012

Ok, so i just added the grow gel (and an extra Rouen duckling :) ) and i must say you have a great staff for an employee nameed Ashlee helped me theough my endless question via emaul. Thank you for advising me for the grow gel, as i do feel it was needed ;)

10. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Did you get them, yet? How are they doing?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by