Metzer

Colly1470

Songster
Feb 15, 2017
Wilton, Maine
Has anybody here ordered geese from Metzer? If so, what breed(s)? How are their temperaments and how does their health seem overall? Do you have any pictures? I've only had chickens up until now, so this may not be the case with geese.....but sometimes hatchery quality can be lacking a little.

I'd love to buy local, but there never seems to be much in the way of goslings.

I can't answer your question from purchasing experience yet, but our ducks and geese will arrive the week of April 2nd. I referred to their chart that compares all the traits of the different breeds of geese and also the 2nd chart further down the page shows how visiting judges have evaluated their breeding stock against the standard of perfection for each breed.
Here are the charts:

http://www.metzerfarms.com/GooseBreedComparisonNew.cfm?affiliate=undef&CustID=18415523

We have a pair of Buff Geese arriving soon. Good luck!

Has anybody here ordered geese from Metzer? If so, what breed(s)? How are their temperaments and how does their health seem overall? Do you have any pictures? I've only had chickens up until now, so this may not be the case with geese.....but sometimes hatchery quality can be lacking a little.

I’ve never ordered from Metzer before. I’ve had nothing but great results from chickens for backyards. I have geese arriving in a couple of weeks from Strombergs. I’ve never ordered from them either bu we don’t have much to choose from where I live.

I've not ordered goslings, but I did order a pair of sexed female pekins for Christmas 2 years ago (arrived Dec. 26th). Both arrived healthy, were sexed correctly, and are simply darling!

I ordered 4 Welsh Harlequins and 4 Blue Swedish and 4 dewlap Toulouse from them last year. Very happy with the whole process. It's a family business that's been around for a long time and have a solid reputation here on the west coast. I've been there, and their website is accurate...what you see us what you get. Good breeding practices, etc. for sure. My Birds are all healthy and total sweeties! Good luck!

We received our order from Metzer Farms yesterday. We picked up our box of goslings and ducklings yesterday AM at our local post office. The babies had been shipped Monday afternoon from Oregon and arrived at our local post office on Wed AM. When we got the babies home, both of the goslings and all the ducklings were in excellent condition and very active. They are now at home in their brooder and eating and drinking well. We are very pleased with our order from Metzer Farms! One pair of Buff goslings, one male and 3 female Welsh Harlequins and one male and 6 female Golden 300s are now happy in central Oklahoma! :thumbsup

Oh, they all were marked with leg bands as to breed and sex. I need to remove all the bands today since they are 3 days old today. ;)

Sure!

40AA9C81-FA93-4F1E-B0F9-CD71926C7745.jpeg

01220411-3A44-451B-8EFC-828EEF507D95.jpeg

The top picture was of the babies yesterday after arrival. The lower picture was from this morning. :)

Back
Top Bottom