Metzers.........

I have a few Metzer blue Runners. One just hatched off 4 ducklings!
Everything here is going or gone broody, not just Metzer stock. Pekins, Magpies, Cayugas...geez!
But I do love the blue Runners from Metzers. They are good kids. And the blue Runner duckling that I posted earlier on a thread here is out of the Metzer blue Runner and a black drake from Stromberg. Another quality pet duck but still awesome.

Next year, Runners from Holderreads.
fl.gif

I've done business with them for the last three years. They are awesome! Wonderful to work with and I've had great luck with their birds. Both ducks and geese. I can highly recommend them - you'll be in good hands.

Joni

I ordered from them last year and was happy with my ducklings. My only warning--if you are doing a small order and really only want 2 ducklings, make sure you specify that when you order. I didn't read the ordering info on their website well enough. I really only wanted 2 females and instead I got 2 females and 2 males. They told me they add extra males in for extra warmth during shipping if you don't specifically say you don't want extra. Other than that, I was very pleased with my ducks from them. They shipped when they were supposed to and arrived healthy. I got Welsh Harlequin and Black Swedish.

We got our ducks and geese from Metzer and everything was perfect. We were worried because Metzer is in California and we are in Connecticut, but all out ducks and geese arrived healthy and happy!!

Good luck!

Last edited:
ordered my 4 ducks from them, many months ago. very happy with my results. i have 1 black swedish and 3 welsh harlequin.

Quote:
I ordered 3 females last year and only received 3 females.
They seem to be aware that if you are ordering only a few and paying a min order charge, you don't want extras or you would have ordered them.

Back
Top Bottom