Mexican Wild Turkey

Thanks for the email. I don't think you would want eggs.... they probably would cost around 500. each and are almost 90% not to hatch. The Ocellated turkey species is only being kept by a few private breeders and is more known for it's captive existence in public zoo's. But with that said we are selling a pair for a friend of ours... 2500. for the pair. The male is a European breeder age male, the hen is a 2010 hatch hen. When we think of prices, (you and I) the most important aspect to keep in mind... raising any species is a tough job, avian prices are high for a reason... but, that reason also works for selling any offspring.
Start with the thinking your purchase is for passion not profit... then regardless what happens as long as your birds are alive all is good.

this is the reply i got from texaspeafowl.com , i guess it was a nice idea while it lasted... little too expensive for my budget...but oh how i admire their beauty... good luck to any of you who take on this adventure in this breed.. thanks for all the info and pic ..
tonya

WOW unless I have a windfall I guess I have to do this in another life. LOL

I don't know though. If this land ever gets found I may figure something out then. I can just imagine walking outside and seeing these walking around.

Thanks to everyone, because I love these birds and so glad this thread was here.

Hmmmmm....... My 2 older daughters' dad lives in Durango Mexico. I think I need to call in a favor. hehehe

Quote:
I WANT TO COME TO YOUR HOUSE IF YOU EVER GET ANY , I WANNA SEE THEM TOO.
ya.gif
.. OH SO MUCH BEAUTY... COLOR

.. I HAVE A PICTURE FROM A NAT'L GEOGRAPHIC MAG MY SON BROUGHT HOM FROM SCHOOL WITH A FULL PAGE PIC OF OUR WILD TURKEY AND THE MEXICAN WILD TURKEY COMPAIRED.. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ABOUT A YEAR FOR INFO ON HOW MUCH THESE WOULD BE , AMAZING I FOUND HELP HERE ON BYC.. GLAD I FOUND IT..

ALSO HAPPY TO BE
ya.gif
:ya:ya:yaOUT OF THE BROODER.. YEAH,,

Quote:
HEY YOU GET SOME EGGS FROM YOUR DAUGHTER' DAD , YOU BETTER POST AND KEEP US INFORMED.. TELL HIM TO FIND A NEST AND ROB IT OF ALL THE EGGS... THEN YOU CAN INCUBATE THEM .. AND TELL US ALL ABOUT IT.. AAAGGGGHHHH
MAKE THE CALL , GET THE FAVOR.. PLEASE..

Quote:
HEY YOU GET SOME EGGS FROM YOUR DAUGHTER' DAD , YOU BETTER POST AND KEEP US INFORMED.. TELL HIM TO FIND A NEST AND ROB IT OF ALL THE EGGS... THEN YOU CAN INCUBATE THEM .. AND TELL US ALL ABOUT IT.. AAAGGGGHHHH
MAKE THE CALL , GET THE FAVOR.. PLEASE..

To bad I can't threaten him with back child support in trade for eggs. LOL

Back
Top Bottom