Meyer Hatchery - Breed Help!

Cyclonechick

Songster
6 Years
Nov 22, 2015
I ordered some Swedish Flower hens , Cochins, and some Appenzeller Spitzhaubens at the end of May. These chickens are 2 months old and I am stumped as to what breed they are since they don't seem to fit the standard of anything I ordered. Would also love input on pullet or roo if you have an idea.

Thank you!

Chicken #1: Has a small crest. Yellow legs and the comb will most likely be a pea comb (sorry I didn't get a better picture). I'm thinking pullet.
03BB0BFC-E7CB-47FB-B094-D550444DBFFE_1_105_c.jpg

Chicken #2 - Mostly black, with yellow legs and what looks to be a single comb. I'm thinking Pullet.
IMG_4689.jpeg

Chicken #3 - Identical (except for coloring) of Chicken 2. Yellow legs, single comb, thinking pullet. Mostly white with blue/gray.
IMG_4696.jpeg

Thank you for everyone (and anyone's input)!

I ordered some Swedish Flower hens , Cochins, and some Appenzeller Spitzhaubens at the end of May. These chickens are 2 months old and I am stumped as to what breed they are since they don't seem to fit the standard of anything I ordered. Would also love input on pullet or roo if you have an idea.

Thank you!

Chicken #1: Has a small crest. Yellow legs and the comb will most likely be a pea comb (sorry I didn't get a better picture). I'm thinking pullet. View attachment 2778472

Chicken #2 - Mostly black, with yellow legs and what looks to be a single comb. I'm thinking Pullet. View attachment 2778474

Chicken #3 - Identical (except for coloring) of Chicken 2. Yellow legs, single comb, thinking pullet. Mostly white with blue/gray. View attachment 2778478

Thank you for everyone (and anyone's input)!
You have an emu or rhea!

Nice photos by the way. I dont mean to get off topic, but do you have a digital camera?

I think they may all be Swedish Flower Hens. They can have crests and come in all colors with some "flowers" in the pattern. It is a land race so there is some variety in their appearance. Can you get a close up of comb of the first one? 😊
Also agree that all are pullets.
Just found this photo on BYC from 2010. Looks very much like the first one. Apparently they can have pea combs too, though single combs are more common.
flower hen.jpg

Edited for spelling and clarity

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom