Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

No I just want a flock that doesn't produce to many eggs ,self propagates, and is nice to lookat. I also want something large to fight off preditors and fairly independent
Hey New Orleanian! I'm originally from NOLA too. Graduated from OPW and UNO many years ago. Anyway, regarding predators, the one MAJOR predator in which no chicken can defend itself against is a dog. I hear of more losses from pack dogs and neighborhood dogs that are not leashed than anything else. Dogs love to chase and kill chickens for the sport of it. Make sure your coops and pens are super secure from dogs, and many of your other predator problems go away. Also, chickens LOVE to stick their necks out through holes in fencing, and that's a recipe for raccoons to decapitate your birds. So if you use fencing with holes larger than a doubloon, run a second row of inexpensive 2'-high chicken wire on the inside to protect your chickens from their own curiosity.

Hey, it's Monday, so guess what I'm cooking? Yup, you guessed it! Red beans and rice! You can take the boy out of New Orleans, but you can't take New Orleans out of the boy! Take care!

IMG_2271.JPG
Does anyone know what kind of chick this is?
From Meyer hatchery - leanns adopt me bargain
No feathers on legs
2 small black spots on back
Edited to add: just realized she has a peacomb
IMG_2261.JPG
IMG_2261.JPG
IMG_2306.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom