Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Hi all! I wanted to jump on this thread. All the great pics and reviews was why I ordered my juvenile Golden Buffs from them, which came two days ago and are doing great! I can't wait to integrate them in with my 11 other ladies. I just placed my spring chick order too, March can't come fast enough! I have my first rooster, a Buff Orpington coming, as well as more Golden Buffs, Wellsummers, Columbian Wyandotte, Australorp, White Leghorn, Exchequer Leghorn, and EEs. So excited!

What a great variety! I have a delaware, buff brahma, RIR, light brahma, black ameraucana, splash ameraucana, welsummer, speckled sussex, cuckoo Marans, and a black ameraucana roo. I have ordered an EE, an OE, and an exchequer leghorn. I'm hoping these last three will be it for a while. Of course, hatching my own eggs is an option too! I like my chances of getting girls better from Meyers than my own luck. Can't wait to see some pics of your birds and those new little ones when they arrive!!

Got some good shots today of the gang out enjoying the sun...sorry for so many pics!::D I love chicken pictures...

Saffron - Welsummer

Nutmeg - Welsummer - during frostbite treatment

Nutmeg out with group

One of our four Barred Rocks - Pepper she is the only one named

Another BR

Left Eye(Delaware) & Isis - EE

BR and Isis - EE

Little One - EE the brat of the group decided to check me out closer, just like her!

TGIF BYC

I love that last pic. You can tell your EE is an attack chicken looking for treats!

I am seriously considering purchasing a few birds from Meyer. Just wanted to know, from those who have dealt with Meyer before, does the quality of their birds justify the higher price? They have some breeds that I have been wanting but they are not exactly cheap.
These are my 1st chickens, and the majority I got from Meyers. The few that I got locally were because Meyer's were sold out & they were rare breeds. Meyers did work very hard to try to get some for my hatch date, but I had already found a breeder within a few hrs drive & gotten the, (CCL).

Meyer's is the hatchery that all my local friends with chickens use - the only one they use, which speaks volumes to the quality.

I actually drove to Meyer's because I ordered late in the summer & was worried about the heat & shipping. The grounds were clean; people friendly; and all of my chicks are and have been amazingly healthy! I've never had to give antibiotics to date. I feed good quality food, supplement with ACV, fresh sprouted seeds, probiotics, fermented feed (for cost reduction mostly), fresh scraps from my table, and use common sense. I haven't lost a chick yet!

While a high volume hatchery, I think Meyers does try for quality and this justifies the higher prices. Just my opinion.

ETA - they do run specials all the time & don't forget about the Meal Maker chick you can get for free!!!!

Last edited:
I am seriously considering purchasing a few birds from Meyer. Just wanted to know, from those who have dealt with Meyer before, does the quality of their birds justify the higher price? They have some breeds that I have been wanting but they are not exactly cheap.

I have to say I've been happy with them, but I cannot compare their quality to anyone else. I like that they deliver within a specific window. Some others seem to deliver whenever of change the date a lot. I also like that I will not get extra roos. What would I do with them??? I also like that their website has pictures of their birds and not drawings. With all of that said, I believe their aiming for quality maybe moreso than others, but I have never ordered from anyone else.

What breeds are you looking at? Maybe we can offer breed specific reviews of Meyers birds and you can see how you feel about them.

Did you receive their catalogue? Ithey says they will be offering special pricing for certain assortments (brown layer was one I think) during the summer months.
No, I was going to order one though. I'm still weighing my options, Meyer vs Murray Mcmurray (my family has ordered from them before) or other Hatcheries. The feed stores next year that order from Murray Mcmurray. And then there is a chicken stock in my area next spring.

Did you receive their catalogue? Ithey says they will be offering special pricing for certain assortments (brown layer was one I think) during the summer months.

No, I was going to order one though. I'm still weighing my options, Meyer vs Murray Mcmurray (my family has ordered from them before) or other Hatcheries. The feed stores next year that order from Murray Mcmurray. And then there is a chicken stock in my area next spring.

The catalogue is free, but if you can eliminate having to pay for shipping, that would be awesome!

Hi all! I wanted to jump on this thread. All the great pics and reviews was why I ordered my juvenile Golden Buffs from them, which came two days ago and are doing great! I can't wait to integrate them in with my 11 other ladies. I just placed my spring chick order too, March can't come fast enough! I have my first rooster, a Buff Orpington coming, as well as more Golden Buffs, Wellsummers, Columbian Wyandotte, Australorp, White Leghorn, Exchequer Leghorn, and EEs. So excited!
Welcome to the board and will be looking forward to pics.

welcome

I know. Yes that would definitely be awesome .

Okay, here is a question for anyone that can answer. If you order LF chicks and Bantams how do they come? all mixed together in the box?  
not sure what LF is, but we got a rainbow pack of 25 plus two roosters,so 27 in all. All were shipped together.

Back
Top Bottom