Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

@trsturself: That explains it. I don't always catch the whole story on this thread. CL is the last place to ever look for real estate. Hopefully the situation will work out for you. That's a lot to ask of someone.

I think you get good and bad reviews from every hatchery. I've even heard some bad on GreenFire Farms. I had a good experience with Meyers, ordered 21, 21 lived. Of three welsummer roos, only one had nice correct colors, of three pullets, two had more of a reddish neck feathers, one is correct and yellowish like my brownleghorns. Those two are the ones I'll hatch out eggs from. If you want show quality perfect birds go pay big money from a reputable breeder, and then you still take a chance.

Hello, I want to buy chickens from here and I have some questions.
#1 How good of a colour do thair EE's lay 
#2 did any of you order blue laced red wyandottes or barneveldes. If so can I see some pictures.
That is all. Thank you in advance.

I don't have any of those breeds, but I have been thrilled with the two orders I received. I know i wouldn't order from anyone else at this point.

I think you get good and bad reviews from every hatchery. I've even heard some bad on GreenFire Farms. I had a good experience with Meyers, ordered 21, 21 lived. Of three welsummer roos, only one had nice correct colors, of three pullets, two had more of a reddish neck feathers, one is correct and yellowish like my brownleghorns. Those two are the ones I'll hatch out eggs from. If you want show quality perfect birds go pay big money from a reputable breeder, and then you still take a chance.

I never wanted show class chickens. I just wanted what I paid for.

I never wanted show class chickens. I just wanted what I paid for.

Don't blame you. Same as I don't blame a woman on another thread who got mutts instead of pure Swedish flower hens from GreenFire for being mad, I would've never thought it from them. I just put a order in for black and blue Langshans and white jersey giants from SandHill, hope I'm not disappointed. I've heard a few bad reviews there also, but mostly positive, same with Meyers. That's where reviews are a great thing, even your bad experience, we know a little better what we are in for. I just don't know how hatcheries can screw things up, but they sometimes sure do seem to.

@Volcanic Egger I would post a review on davesgarden that's where I found the most reviews on hatcheries. Like I said as far as healthy chicks, mine were. And if I didn't get a couple good Welsummers I wouldn't have believed they were pure bred. The two roos I didn't keep, with off colors were a little mean. The roo I kept, the one pictured as my avatar is nice and friendly will be a year old in May. The kids pet him, all eight pullets avoid us.

Thanks guys I think I'll get them From Meryer. I'm also about an hour away so I won't need to worry about shipping anyhow.

This is the main reason we went with Meyer too. It's about an hour drive from Berea so no worrying about the post. We were very happy, all six of our chicks were very healthy. One I suspected of being a roo and gave away but never had confirmation, it was just causing too much drama. Our BCM doesn't have copper on her neck but oh well, she lays/laid nice dark eggs. Our egg color is/was beautiful (three of our five girls are molting currently!). We are ordering three chicks from them at the beginning of March.

Top left and bottom right are from the same EE, sometimes her eggs look more green and sometimes more blue.

Marans eggs compared to Golden Buff with EE and Buff Orp to the right.

Concentrated pool of blue at the end of our EE's egg.

I miss my colorful eggs :(

Thank you Autumn. Hope your colorful eggs return soon!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom