Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Hello, I want to buy chickens from here and I have some questions.
#1 How good of a colour do thair EE's lay 
#2 did any of you order blue laced red wyandottes or barneveldes. If so can I see some pictures.
That is all. Thank you in advance.

Here is my Myers BLRW. She looked nicer before she decided to be broody in the middle of winter.

Hello, I want to buy chickens from here and I have some questions.
#1 How good of a colour do thair EE's lay 
#2 did any of you order blue laced red wyandottes or barneveldes. If so can I see some pictures.
That is all. Thank you in advance.

Hi, we have 5 EE from Meyer and their egg range from light sky blue, to more greenish hues. Here is a shot of a few of them. We might have a Barnvelder, but if she is of course she isn't a true breed. Doesn't matter to us we have a pretty egg basket and a friendly flock.

5 EE eggs from each of our girls

possible Barnvelder, she has the double lacing.

Possible Barnie mutt due to double lacing....but she is more golden. She might be a dak cornish mutt.

One of our EE lays sky blue eggs, but dependent on the background it almost looks white.

I posted a response in that thread, couldn't be happier with our flock from Meyer.

@NanaLynn Surgery went well minus me being loopy in recovery. When they mentioned my BF, I told them he was in the Laundry room, lol. Slept a lot yesterday, just trying to rest. Did go out with BF this am for chicken duty and glad to report the gang is using their feeders just fine. He was very happy at how easy chicken chores are now. Like the name change, no doubt it was due to the grand babies.

Last edited:
For anyone that may be wondering. I changed my user name from LynnEBC to NanaLynn
Getting ready to be a Nana I presume!!! Love it
celebrate.gif

I just placed an order for treats and toys from Unleashed for my pups... can't wait to get them!!! We've been reading about how dogs just see in shades of mostly blue and yellow
so I ordered mostly blue toys. Interesting stuff. Maybe they want to put some of that info on their website? Red/orange toys look kinda brownish green to dogs so they really can't see a red
ball in the grass!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ientists-dispel-myth-canines-black-white.html

sorry, off topic!

Frigid, WET, Ice, Slush... miserable chicken weather here. Seriously counting down to spring.... I am not enjoying chickening this winter.

Hi, we have 5 EE from Meyer and their egg range from light sky blue, to more greenish hues. Here is a shot of a few of them. We might have a Barnvelder, but if she is of course she isn't a true breed. Doesn't matter to us we have a pretty egg basket and a friendly flock.

@NanaLynn Surgery went well minus me being loopy in recovery. When they mentioned my BF, I told them he was in the Laundry room, lol. Slept a lot yesterday, just trying to rest. Did go out with BF this am for chicken duty and glad to report the gang is using their feeders just fine. He was very happy at how easy chicken chores are now. Like the name change, no doubt it was due to the grand babies.
Love that egg picture! Yup you are right about the name change!

My husband had surgery a few months back and he was way to loopy in the recovery room. He kept calling my name and asking where I was. The nurses and doctor were so relieved when I finally could go into the recovery room. I was so embarrassed. When I walked in the room, he was saying to the nurses, "isn't she beautiful!"
roll.png

He kept being so sweet to me and embarrassing me that I threatened to leave, if he didn't stop. He didn't remember all that, which is so funny now.

Take it easy still. Good that you have a great guy to help you and plus great that you got it all setup beforehand.

Getting ready to be a Nana I presume!!! Love it
celebrate.gif

I just placed an order for treats and toys from Unleashed for my pups... can't wait to get them!!! We've been reading about how dogs just see in shades of mostly blue and yellow
so I ordered mostly blue toys. Interesting stuff. Maybe they want to put some of that info on their website? Red/orange toys look kinda brownish green to dogs so they really can't see a red
ball in the grass!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ientists-dispel-myth-canines-black-white.html

sorry, off topic!

Frigid, WET, Ice, Slush... miserable chicken weather here. Seriously counting down to spring.... I am not enjoying chickening this winter.
Yup!!!
wee.gif

Thanks for ordering from them. That's interesting stuff. I'll pass it on to my son. I never knew all that!

We had a nice day here. Still no real bad weather for this winter for us. Stay warm!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom