Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

All of them had been in the same yard all day together they just bedded down separately. I am sure there will be some missing feathers in the morning. A couple of the older hens are bullies when forced to sleep next to someone they don't want to. Have your group of girls been totally separate MsChickenMomma?
Yes they are completely seperate. I have a space in my coop sectioned off for the young girls so they have a place to be until they are old enough to be in with the big girls. They can still see each other, they just dont have access to each other. I have a few adults who are really mean to new chickens too. But my pullets are old enough now that they should be fine. I dont know how you all free range your pullets. I cant ever get mine back inside! They always act like they dont know where to go in, and it's nearly impossible to catch them. I have that with every single batch of pullets I raise.

All mine went into the barn today! Everyone is still separate but they are out of my house!! I still have awhile till they can all be together tho cause the chicks are still a lot smaller than the silkies. The silkies learned how to use a ramp today too, that was funny.

Yes they are completely seperate. I have a space in my coop sectioned off for the young girls so they have a place to be until they are old enough to be in with the big girls. They can still see each other, they just dont have access to each other. I have a few adults who are really mean to new chickens too. But my pullets are old enough now that they should be fine.

I dont know how you all free range your pullets. I cant ever get mine back inside! They always act like they dont know where to go in, and it's nearly impossible to catch them. I have that with every single batch of pullets I raise.
Hahaha...it takes a few days of carrying them to their house before they get it down. I just wait till it's nearly dark and they just form a chick puddle in a corner making it much easier to grab them.
All mine went into the barn today! Everyone is still separate but they are out of my house!! I still have awhile till they can all be together tho cause the chicks are still a lot smaller than the silkies. The silkies learned how to use a ramp today too, that was funny.
thumbsup.gif

Sorry to leave you in the leach - yesterday was our first day of school so obviously things have been a bit crazy (why did I think it would be a good idea to have babies shipped the same week start school??!) The great news is that "sicky" (my 6yo DD named her) is doing great! 48 hours later and you wouldn't know she couldn't stand up two days ago! All six that made it are healthy, happy, and growing already. The best news of all though, is that I got my first egg from our Ancona today (she's about 18 weeks, and a feed store chick, but I'm pretty sure our feed store orders from Meyer)! So it's been a great end to what started out as a rocky week chicken wise. Hoping to get more pictures of the chicklets this weekend, so I'll post as soon as I've got them and introduce you to the girls!

Sorry to leave you in the leach - yesterday was our first day of school so obviously things have been a bit crazy (why did I think it would be a good idea to have babies shipped the same week start school??!)  The great news is that "sicky" (my 6yo DD named her) is doing great! 48 hours later and you wouldn't know she couldn't stand up two days ago!  All six that made it are healthy, happy, and growing already.  The best news of all though, is that I got my first egg from our Ancona today (she's about 18 weeks, and a feed store chick, but I'm pretty sure our feed store orders from Meyer)!  So it's been a great end to what started out as a rocky week chicken wise.  Hoping to get more pictures of the chicklets this weekend, so I'll post as soon as I've got them and introduce you to the girls!
tell them u might get credit I did and it was over 48 hrs

I've read some of this thread, so I didn't know if anyone had posted any older pics of their Salmon Faverolle's. I would love to see them without their beard and muff pecked off. I'm referring to the pictures in the link below. :)
http://meyerhatchery.com/productinfo.a5w?category=Chickens&grd_prodone_filter=PRODUCT_ID%20%3d%20%27SFAS%27

That's is the first time I've really looked at that pic and your right it is all pecked off. I've noticed on a few of their other pics they picked birds that aren't looking that great. I know a few ppl have ordered them but I think a couple never received them or they didn't make it.

How are everyone's babies from last weeks shipments doing? Anyone getting anything this week?

My girls turned 4 months old today. I'll try and get some pictures this week. I got some today, but they are in the coop so the quality and lighting of the photos isnt that great.

I decided to start integrating the girls today instead of tomorrow. So far it's going pretty good. At first the big girls didnt even notice the little ones running around, because they are almost the same size as them. Once they started to notice and peck the girls heads, they all went up on the roosts and have been there for the last hour and a half. Sometimes one of the girls will get brave and jump down, then they get pecked by one of the big girls, and back up they go. Im thinking I'll keep everyone inside until Tuesday ot Wednesday before I let them all free range together. So far Sunni is the bravest around the big girls. I guess being in the house with our dog and the cats so much toughened her up. :lol:

Our little D'Uccle squatted for me today. :)
She is 5 months old. Our Partridge Rock (also 5 mo) is starting to finally grow her comb/wattles and is making noise. She never used to make any noise now she is clucking up a storm. Can't wait to see the D'Uccle's little egg!

Back
Top Bottom