Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I can't believe it. Olive is starting to look like her old self. She was doing normal chicken stuff. She was walking like a chicken and brushing her beak on the ground. I think the vitamins and electrolytes are helping her mood. I'm still concerned but feeling a little better.

Awesome!! I hope she continues to improve!!!

Thank you so much. I appreciate the support.

Anybody know what this is I got it as a Leanne's adopt me bargain. It has feathers on its legs.

are the olive eggers not supposed to have feathered legs? out of the 3 I ordered 2 of them have feathered legs.
I don't know but that would be really cool! I want one

Chicks came in this morning 5:00 all alive and healthy

Congrats... so cute!

The blue splash did not make it through the night. There are still 15.
I have a couple pasty butts to take care of, though..
Awww, so sorry about the splash. Hope the rest are doing well.

Sorry about your Splash. I have an Australorp with spraddle leg. I taped her up/ braced her legs to try to correct it but she doesn't want to eat. She has plenty of energy to make the taping hard. She will drink if I dip her beak in water but she just doesn't seem interested in food. I hope she makes it. Hard to believe you can get attached to something so tiny!
Maybe try wetting some food so its very moist. Hopefully she'll eat something soon. So may worries with the little ones!

My chicks are 3 weeks today! :) I forgot how quickly they grow, they aren't little balls of fluff anymore! I ordered 18, 15 of those survived. I ordered mostly from the assorted packs so I am still trying to figure breeds out.

White Cochin

Blue Ameraucana

Not sure Maybe Ancona?

Not sure, but thinking it's different breed than the ones above because the legs are darker.

I did order a male black copper maran, but this one does not have any feathered legs and I had another chick the same color that was a DOA. Maybe it's a Marans without feathered legs. Hatchery birds can have flaws like that or different combs than supposed to have

Rhode Island Red? I don't know, they seem to have a lot more coloring on their feathers than what I see on Meyer's website.
New Hampshire Red or Golden Buff?

This one could be the same as the above, but is the runt of the litter as it had an injured leg and couldn't walk for 5 days. All healed now! don't know but soooo cute. I love runts ;)
I put some suggestions in blue above but I'm not good at breed guessing at all. I just always say EE for every chipmunky looking chick

I can't believe it. Olive is starting to look like her old self. She was doing normal chicken stuff. She was walking like a chicken and brushing her beak on the ground. I think the vitamins and electrolytes are helping her mood. I'm still concerned but feeling a little better.
fl.gif

Anybody know what this is I got it as a Leanne's adopt me bargain. It has feathers on its legs.

Some kind of Cochin (Partridge?)

Last edited:
I got a few better pics of my 3 week olds in question this afternoon, if anyone can tell by feather pattern and leg color what these little gals might be.

Have 3 of these. Only ordered 2 RIR's. Maybe??

No idea. Only have one like this (I think) and didn't order any singles.

Have 2 of these. I ordered 2 Barnevelders. Could this be one of the two?

Little Runt...I can't tell if she's a runt or if her wings are just little. Her wings are short compared to the other chicks.

Feather pattern of the chick above.

I'm fairly sure that these are the Speckled Sussex. Have 3 of them and that's what I ordered.

I don't know where my Welsummers are. This is so frustrating! Does anybody have pics of Meyer's Welsummers at 3 weeks old to give me an idea of what mine should look like? Or Barnevelders?

Yeah, more the killing method, not the whole process. I am just referring to a sharp knife and quick end. Also, I believe in a prayer and thanking the animal for the sacrifice no matter what religion or belief system anyone has or does not have. I don't believe in wasting any of the meat unless of course the chicken is very sick and there would be a question whether it is safe to eat or not. I had not read further into the whole kosher process that you mentioned. Looks like we'll also be getting a traffic cone to use.

I agree. I always say a thank you to the animal for giving me sustenance.

Looks like a Buff Brahma

I got a few better pics of my 3 week olds in question this afternoon, if anyone can tell by feather pattern and leg color what these little gals might be.

Have 3 of these. Only ordered 2 RIR's. Maybe??

No idea. Only have one like this (I think) and didn't order any singles.

Have 2 of these. I ordered 2 Barnevelders. Could this be one of the two?

Little Runt...I can't tell if she's a runt or if her wings are just little. Her wings are short compared to the other chicks.

Feather pattern of the chick above.

I'm fairly sure that these are the Speckled Sussex. Have 3 of them and that's what I ordered.

I don't know where my Welsummers are. This is so frustrating! Does anybody have pics of Meyer's Welsummers at 3 weeks old to give me an idea of what mine should look like? Or Barnevelders?

I found these pics. They aren't mine but the person that posted them wasn't questioning breed so I think they knew what they had.

Here are Barnvelder chicks (looks like your first 2 like this?)

LL

And welsummer chick. Looks like your runt to me.
5972027475_69bcae23f7_b.jpg

All 33 of my Meyer babies are doing good and growing like crazy. I have pics of 11 of them to post to see if anyone can help ID them. I'm still having trouble deciding who are my 3 Welsummers, 2 Barnevelders, 3 Speckled Sussex, and 2 RIR's. I have the twins of Primaknits chicks! I have one of this one. Just one lol. I have three that look like this one below. When they were day-old chicks, they looked exactly like the pics of the Speckled Sussex chicks in the Meyer catalog. I think Welsummers have the eye mask too though. The white breast feathers are confusing me. Here is the whole crew. I have two groups of three. I have a set of three, just like Primaknits, of the reddish chicks with white tips, and dark red feathers coming in (one of which is sitting on the roost in the pic). I only ordered two RIR's if that's what they are. I've never seen any quite like this. Another chick I don't recognize. Any ideas??
That single chick at the top seems like your only barnevelder. With your group photo, i do see one or two welsummers, but i didnt see an individual pic of them. The female welsummers have alot more brown on the top of their head and more eyeliner than the speckled sussex do. Wonder where your second barnevelder is!

Chicken Math has of the best of me again.
Ordered 15 chickens+ meal maker. (2 rare marans, 2 olive eggers, 2 polish and a brahma and cochin, +7 asst rare breeds.)

Lost one chick- it was a blue splash, so meyer credited for the rare marans, and will reship for free within 30 days if I meet the minimum order. I guess I will be ordering 3 more chicks April 7th or April 14th.

Chicken Math has of the best of me again.
Ordered 15 chickens+ meal maker. (2 rare marans, 2 olive eggers, 2 polish and a brahma and cochin, +7 asst rare breeds.)

Lost one chick- it was a blue splash, so meyer credited for the rare marans, and will reship for free within 30 days if I meet the minimum order. I guess I will be ordering 3 more chicks April 7th or April 14th.

I have credit for 2 chicks as well and I am debating what to do with it. We are going out of town once or twice in the next couple months so I wouldn't be able to have them shipped until July. So is it worth it to order a couple chicks and start all over again, or just get a credit back to my card? Those olive eggers are mighty tempting.......

Back
Top Bottom