Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

The Black Australorp that my son named Jason Bourne, hoping that she would be an invincible survivor, sadly did not make it. She just wouldn't eat despite all that we tried to give her. So sad, but, she obviously had more wrong with her than the spraddle leg. Just glad she didn't suffer too long. Thanks for everyone's good thoughts and suggestions!

The rest, aside from a few pasty butts, are doing well. So active and full of life!
So sorry to hear. I'm glad that the others are doing well.

Olive update: my girl is looking even better today. She wouldn't eat the egg I cooked for her but her crop is full and squishy. This means she's eating, right? I'm so relieved. I will swear by save-a-chick from now on. Once she makes a solid poop, she'll be reintroduced to the others.
Yay!!!
big_smile.png
I hope that she continues to do well!

My new batch of chicks arrived yesterday, all healthy no DOAs, as usual.
smile.png
Unfortunately I forgot to add the marbles to the waterers, and lost two chicks. One of them was my Black Laced Silver Polish, which was my favorite.
he.gif
In this batch I ordered Barred Rocks, Wyandottes, Polish and several of the Frying Pan Specials. Here's pics of a few, not sure as to what breeds they are so any input would be greatly appreciated!

Mystery Chick #1

Buff Orpington or Golden Buff? Color is darker in person.

Barred Rock?
#1 If the legs are clean, I would say a Splash Blue Andulasion, if they are feathered a marans?

The yellow one, I agree, a buff orpington or Golden Laced, could be a White Rock too or another of the white breeds. Just guesses.

I think BA too on the last one.

Cute chicks! Congrats!!

My chicks are 3 weeks today! :) I forgot how quickly they grow, they aren't little balls of fluff anymore! I ordered 18, 15 of those survived. I ordered mostly from the assorted packs so I am still trying to figure breeds out.

White Cochin

Blue Splash Maran

Buff Laced Polish

Blue Ameraucana

They said Ancona or Exchequer

Not sure, but thinking it's different breed than the ones above because the legs are darker.

I did order a male black copper maran, but this one does not have any feathered legs and I had another chick the same color that was a DOA. -They said maybe Black Jersey Giant or a black Blue Orpington.

Rhode Island Red? I don't know, they seem to have a lot more coloring on their feathers than what I see on Meyer's website. -They said Rhode Island Red

This one could be the same as the above, but is the runt of the litter as it had an injured leg and couldn't walk for 5 days. All healed now! - They said Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire Red.

They said Barnvelder or Partridge Rock.

They said Welsummer or light brown Leghorn.

Possible Golden laced Wyandotte because of the different comb.

It's hard to believe that mine will be that big in a couple of weeks. They grow so fast!!! Mine are already sprouting feathers. So beautiful.

I hope everyone had a great day - a little taste of spring before the next cold snap!
cool.png

My chicks are 3 weeks today! :) I forgot how quickly they grow, they aren't little balls of fluff anymore! I ordered 18, 15 of those survived. I ordered mostly from the assorted packs so I am still trying to figure breeds out. White Cochin Blue Splash Maran Buff Laced Polish Blue Ameraucana [COLOR=0000CD]They said Ancona or Exchequer[/COLOR] Not sure, but thinking it's different breed than the ones above because the legs are darker. I did order a male black copper maran, but this one does not have any feathered legs and I had another chick the same color that was a DOA. -[COLOR=0000FF]They said maybe Black Jersey Giant or a black Blue Orpington.[/COLOR] Rhode Island Red? I don't know, they seem to have a lot more coloring on their feathers than what I see on Meyer's website. [COLOR=0000FF]-They said Rhode Island Red[/COLOR] This one could be the same as the above, but is the runt of the litter as it had an injured leg and couldn't walk for 5 days. All healed now! - [COLOR=0000FF]They said Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire Red.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]They said Barnvelder or Partridge Rock.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]They said Welsummer or light brown Leghorn.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Possible Golden laced Wyandotte because of the different comb. [/COLOR]
Primaknits, sorry, I'm just now getting a chance to get on here in a few days. These chicks are keeping me busy busy busy lol. When you talked to Meyers and they guessed at your chicks, were they looking at your pics? I ordered black giants and blue andalusians, and I have a hard time telling them apart without picking them up. (The giants are heavier...I think!). I can take a pic of them for you. I swear it would've been better if I had ordered the assortments like y'all did! But I wanted what I wanted, you know? Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I got it. It's still looking like I only have one Barnevelder, when I paid for and wanted two. I can't seem to pick 3 others that look the same that could be my Welsummers. These red ones that are maybe the RIR's....two of the three are the size of turkeys lol. I'm being as patient as I can. I feel like meyer will still work with me, I just wish I knew now!

Last edited:
Primaknits, sorry, I'm just now getting a chance to get on here in a few days. These chicks are keeping me busy busy busy lol. When you talked to Meyers and they guessed at your chicks, were they looking at your pics?

I ordered black giants and blue andalusians, and I have a hard time telling them apart without picking them up. (The giants are heavier...I think!). I can take a pic of them for you.

I swear it would've been better if I had ordered the assortments like y'all did! But I wanted what I wanted, you know? Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I got it. It's still looking like I only have one Barnevelder, when I paid for and wanted two. I can't seem to pick 3 others that look the same that could be my Welsummers. These red ones that are maybe the RIR's....two of the three are the size of turkeys lol. I'm being as patient as I can. I feel like meyer will still work with me, I just wish I knew now!

Yes they were, but the reason it took them so long is because they had to have someone else that is familiar with the breeds at this stage. The original person I talked to said she is good at naming breeds when they are small chicks because that is what she usually deals with, but once the feathers start coming in apparently it is harder to tell what they are.

Back
Top Bottom