Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Hey Lynn, How is that backyard coming? Did the Town finish their project? You'll have to post some photos. I'd love to see a full view of your new coop and run, too! How big did you end up making the run?

Growing up fast.
1f600.png

My chickies are 1 week old today
I originally thought this one was my meal maker- but it is a white easter egger- note the green legs and puffy cheeks, so it is one of the asst rare breeds I ordered.
1 day

1 week

This one I thought was an olive egger (I ordered 2 olive eggers and thought they would look like EE's)
But now I think it is probably the meal maker- looks like a brown leghorn- single comb orange legs

I think these are my olive eggers- The olive egger thread says they look more like Marans than EE's
1 day

one week

one day

I ordered 2 "rare marans"
1 day I think this one is a black copper marans- it has lightly feathered legs

one week

I think this one is a golden cuckoo marans
1 day

1 week

and the rest of the rare assortment:
I'm pretty sure these are golden campiness 1 day

one week

ancona
1 day

1 week

golden laced polish 1 day

1 week

white crested Blue polish

one week- there are still 2, but they look the same
:

they have grown so much in a week!

It's hard to believe that mine will be that big in a couple of weeks. They grow so fast!!! Mine are already sprouting feathers. So beautiful.

I hope everyone had a great day - a little taste of spring before the next cold snap!
cool.png
They do grow way too fast, then they slow down when you're waiting for eggs!

Picked up some turkeys from the feed store. They said they got them from meyer
I thought those looked like turkeys. They're cute as babies too!

Hey Lynn, How is that backyard coming? Did the Town finish their project? You'll have to post some photos. I'd love to see a full view of your new coop and run, too! How big did you end up making the run?
So much has been going on, apparently their deadline is April so they are in our front, back and side yard. Looks like a construction zone! It's crazy!! They promised to fix up our yard nice since they've taken over the yard so much. There is mud and high piles of dirt everywhere. I'll try to get more pictures soon and post them. The run is 16 x 10 feet which is the same size that it was before but it ended up being very tall on the back-end because of the slope. My chickens are happy with the new coop and run and all the space, but I can't free range them because of all the construction. Oh well, by next year or even later this year, it'll all look great.

What size coop and run do you have? How are the little chicks?

Growing up fast.
1f600.png
A blink of the eye and poof, they're huge! Poor little teenage chickens in that awkward stage!
wink.png

My chickies are 1 week old today
I originally thought this one was my meal maker- but it is a white easter egger- note the green legs and puffy cheeks, so it is one of the asst rare breeds I ordered.
1 day

This one I thought was an olive egger (I ordered 2 olive eggers and thought they would look like EE's)
But now I think it is probably the meal maker- looks like a brown leghorn- single comb orange legs
That is the cutest chick, I want a white Easter Egger too! The other pic looks just like my Light Brown Leghorns.
ancona

1 week

white crested Blue polish

one week- there are still 2, but they look the same
:

they have grown so much in a week!
Growing fast. Now I need to add an Ancona and a White Crested Blue Polish to my "want" list too! Adorable! I hope that are all doing well!

Looks like your breeds are all correct to me.
I think I figured out our mystery chick is a Welsummer. I remember now why I didn't list Light Brown Leghorn on the possible list even though she could easily be one... because they aren't part of the Rare group for the rare assortment. :)

My chicks are 5 weeks old today. Some of them are definitely in the awkward stage. One of the partridge cochins seems to have a cold. I'm making her take a drop of grapefruit seed extract every day and I'm also adding it to the water for everyone else. I hope it clears up soon.

They do grow way too fast, then they slow down when you're waiting for eggs!

I thought those looked like turkeys. They're cute as babies too!

So much has been going on, apparently their deadline is April so they are in our front, back and side yard. Looks like a construction zone! It's crazy!! They promised to fix up our yard nice since they've taken over the yard so much. There is mud and high piles of dirt everywhere. I'll try to get more pictures soon and post them. The run is 16 x 10 feet which is the same size that it was before but it ended up being very tall on the back-end because of the slope. My chickens are happy with the new coop and run and all the space, but I can't free range them because of all the construction. Oh well, by next year or even later this year, it'll all look great.

What size coop and run do you have? How are the little chicks?

A blink of the eye and poof, they're huge! Poor little teenage chickens in that awkward stage!;)

That is the cutest chick, I want a white Easter Egger too! The other pic looks just like my Light Brown Leghorns.
Growing fast. Now I need to add an Ancona and a White Crested Blue Polish to my "want" list too! Adorable! I hope that are all doing well!

Wow! Everyone's chicks look so great!! I was just trying to figure out how much ours have changed in just 6 days! Some beautiful wing feathers coming in! It's funny how some seem to develop faster than others. All seem to be doing well! I took some group photos but I will have to work on some individual shots, maybe tomorrow.

I have them in my basement in a brooder that gives them about 1/2 sq ft each. We are building a bigger brooder in the garage that will be 4x6 with a cover and plenty high so they can't fly out. I wasn't going to move them for another 2 weeks but my mother-in-law is coming and the brooder is set up right in front of the guest room. We have a 6x8 coop and are planning a run at least 10x20. Lots of work to do to get it ready. Hopefully, we will have some nice spring weather to work in.

Lynn, I am glad your yard is coming along. I am sure the disruption will be well worth it!! I'm looking forward to seeing the final project.

Lockdown is TODAY!! I cannot believe it!

Olive is going back outside with the flock tomorrow. I would have done it sooner, but it's supposed to be cold tonight. I think at this point, she just needs chicken company.

Can't wait to see pics of your progress, Lynn.

Lockdown is TODAY!! I cannot believe it!

Good luck!!! Great news!!
Olive is going back outside with the flock tomorrow. I would have done it sooner, but it's supposed to be cold tonight. I think at this point, she just needs chicken company.

Can't wait to see pics of your progress, Lynn.

Back
Top Bottom