Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I think yours is a pullet! My giveaway on my bird is the waddles. Yours doesn't have those and her comb isn't that large. Also the behavior. I wouldn't worry about the white. My friends grown Meyer laying SS has a full white chest.

I agree, at 5 weeks the comb would be more developed. Our maran rooster's comb popped up out of nowhere at 3 weeks. But our mixed rooster took until 8 weeks. His comb still isn't as big but it's bigger and redder than the girls, and he has the huge legs of a rooster. What makes you think rooster? Just the white?

Well, I followed steps to reattach the air cells. That worked. After talking it through with others in the hatch-a-long, we determined my temp and humidity were off.

When we did shipped eggs we were told to not turn them for the first few days so the air cell can reattach. We had quite a few make it pretty far but none hatched. Shipped eggs are tough. They say 25% hatch rate is good on shipped eggs. Hopefully your broody has better luck since you picked them up. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Last edited:
Happy Egg Day folks! One of our neighbors just rang our back door bell to hand us a three row egg carton. Yeah, that's wishful thinking for 5 layers, only one of which will probably lay everyday, when we have family, friends and neighbors to supply/gift.

Today our girls were introduced to mint, peas and dandelion green ice cubes. Baby Buff thinks they are for standing on.

I agree, at 5 weeks the comb would be more developed. Our maran rooster's comb popped up out of nowhere at 3 weeks. But our mixed rooster took until 8 weeks. His comb still isn't as big but it's bigger and redder than the girls, and he has the huge legs of a rooster. What makes you think rooster? Just the white?
oh no, the white doesn't bother me.. just the past few days of his body carriage, but then as you can see in my photos... the comb a bit too big for this young age and the darkening pink waddles a dead give away.

I know someone who will take him but letting him get a bit bigger before he moves on.
bummer....
MB

Sorry to hear that I had a guy hatch some of my eggs and 7 of 10 hatched maybe 8 I pick up tomorrow because I don't have an incubator yet

What a great idea. I don't think I could someone nearby to do it for me. Did you already mention what breeds?

Barred rock bantam roo and maybe hen also light brown Leghorn and also Hamburg hen

Still don't have current pictures. I've been busy lately. I'll do it soon, though!

I do have a question though. Has anyone else ordered Cornish that end up being the most greedy and big chickens of the bunch? xD That's been my experience. I don't mean Cornish Rocks, either.

I can't take it! The CL is still available. Can I tell you how many different three chick orders I have created around it? My husband would divorce me for sure. I'm trying so hard to be patient.

Back
Top Bottom