Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Any other deliveries yet?

I'm wondering now if my third feathered leg chick could be one of my olive eggers?

I'm not really sure which is which on the 3 light colored ones on the right (I know the two in the upper right corner are BSMs). And the darker one in the lower right is the one I thought could be a BCM, but now that I realized that olive eggers can be crosses with BCMs it could be one of my olive eggers.

The black and yellow one in the upper left corner is one of my ELs, the striped black one is my SLW and the other black one may be my other olive egger?

That makes sense... usually a MMM is a good layer like a BR, GB or leghorn right? Maybe you got a 2nd BO or a GB in there?

Any other deliveries yet? I'm wondering now if my third feathered leg chick could be one of my olive eggers? I'm not really sure which is which on the 3 light colored ones on the right (I know the two in the upper right corner are BSMs). One of the lighter ones has stripes. And the darker one in the lower right is the one I thought could be a BCM, but now that I realized that olive eggers can be crosses with BCMs it could be one of my olive eggers. The black and yellow one in the upper left corner is one of my ELs, the striped black one is my SLW and the other black one may be my other olive egger?
[COLOR=006400]How many of you with olive eggers from Meyer ended up with feather-legged chickens vs clean-legged? We're trying to stay away from feather-legged chickens but would really like an Olive Egger. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=006400]How many of you with olive eggers from Meyer ended up with feather-legged chickens vs clean-legged? We're trying to stay away from feather-legged chickens but would really like an Olive Egger. [/COLOR]
All three Olive Eggers my friend got from Meyer had feathered legs. We think her Meal Maker ended up being a Columbian Wyandotte. We had them all mixed up, thinking one of the OE was a black Australorp (and the MM) and the Columbian Wyandotte was an EE. When they started laying, the mystery was solved.

How many of you with olive eggers from Meyer ended up with feather-legged chickens vs clean-legged? We're trying to stay away from feather-legged chickens but would really like an Olive Egger.

I have 3 olive eggers 2 have feathered legs and 1 does not. Actually one of them started to lay which was a disappointment b/c it was a regular brown egg
sad.png
She has a straight comb beard and muffs and is all black and non feathered feet. The other 2 are all blue/grey 1 has a beard and muffs but the other 1 does not both with a pea comb. They have not started laying yet. I do love them though they are very sweet except the black one likes to tell you about everything!
wink.png
lol

Here is an older pic of her. (about 15 weeks)

This is one of the blue/greys also an older pic (about 17 weeks)

Back
Top Bottom