Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

@trsturself
 I hope things are looking better for you and you guys are getting all your problems resolved after the flood?

Still waiting to hear from insurance on their estimate. Had a company come out and give us an estimate so we have leverage against the insurance company. Their estimate was $60K!

Wow! That must have been some serious damage! I hope it gets resolved quickly. Is it interfering with everyday life?

Wow! That must have been some serious damage! I hope it gets resolved quickly. Is it interfering with everyday life?

Our basement is down to the studs in the kitchen and bathroom, so flooring, drywall, cabinets, etc all need to be replaced as does all of the carpet in the other rooms down there. Our half bath on the main level needs new dry wall, vanity, and flooring. Our bedroom, master bath, and front room need new hardwood floors feathered in and then all of the hardwood on the main level sanded and refinished. Then on top of all that we have to pay out of pocket to repair 3 other plumbing leaks that were found, and to move all the pipes (7?) off that exterior wall into interior walls so this won't happen again. It's a lot of work and money! We're waiting to hear from insurance to see how much work we need to do ourselves to save money.

It's interfering a little. Our master bath still has a fan going in it and our room is walled off with plastic, so we're sleeping in our guest room and sharing DD's bathroom. Luckily DD has been staying with a friend so we're not fighting over the bathroom. We're hoping to get our master bedroom back before the end of the month. My in-laws are going to come watch our house for us while we are on vacation and I'd rather they didn't have to go up and down the stairs to the guest bedroom.

7 EGGS Today!!!! and I got one green one mixed in too!!! It's been a long time since we had a variety of colors on my skelter!!

So happy!!!!
wee.gif

Still not enough to give away or sell, but I love how they are picking up laying again. Slowly but surely!!!
wink.png

If you have not figured it out by now, I am pretty easy to please. I hope everyone's chickens are doing well and also your homes too and families of course.
Awesome.... I already notice how much more daylight we have so I'm sure it will really pick up soon.

Still waiting to hear from insurance on their estimate. Had a company come out and give us an estimate so we have leverage against the insurance company. Their estimate was $60K!
Our basement is down to the studs in the kitchen and bathroom, so flooring, drywall, cabinets, etc all need to be replaced as does all of the carpet in the other rooms down there. Our half bath on the main level needs new dry wall, vanity, and flooring. Our bedroom, master bath, and front room need new hardwood floors feathered in and then all of the hardwood on the main level sanded and refinished. Then on top of all that we have to pay out of pocket to repair 3 other plumbing leaks that were found, and to move all the pipes (7?) off that exterior wall into interior walls so this won't happen again. It's a lot of work and money! We're waiting to hear from insurance to see how much work we need to do ourselves to save money.

It's interfering a little. Our master bath still has a fan going in it and our room is walled off with plastic, so we're sleeping in our guest room and sharing DD's bathroom. Luckily DD has been staying with a friend so we're not fighting over the bathroom. We're hoping to get our master bedroom back before the end of the month. My in-laws are going to come watch our house for us while we are on vacation and I'd rather they didn't have to go up and down the stairs to the guest bedroom.
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. That's wonderful your in laws are going to stay there. Clearly, you can't depend on your friend for anything like that again.

@Autumnhearth - glad your girls are feeling better and are back with the flock.
X2!! One of my older girls was a bit under the weather for 2 days or so but she's perking up now. I just keep attributing this stuff to molting.

So sorry you have to deal with all of that. I hope that you have good insurance and the finished spaces are better than before the flood to make the hassle worthwhile! Good luck.

Awesome.... I already notice how much more daylight we have so I'm sure it will really pick up soon.

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. That's wonderful your in laws are going to stay there. Clearly, you can't depend on your friend for anything like that again.

X2!! One of my older girls was a bit under the weather for 2 days or so but she's perking up now. I just keep attributing this stuff to molting.

Strange how it quoted you. I quoted to say the puppy is adorable. We have one puppy left at home from our litter. He's going to my parents so he's staying until they come back from vacation. It's fun and a lot of work having a puppy in the house.

So sorry you have to deal with all of that. I hope that you have good insurance and the finished spaces are better than before the flood to make the hassle worthwhile! Good luck.

The finished spaces should be much better. We have already done a few things down there ourselves that have already improved the space (took out a wall that wasn't needed, raised a lowered ceiling, put a person sized door on the storage space under the stairs so you can actually access it without crawling, etc). Silver lining is that we had planned to redo all of those spaces at one point, we'd even started working on the half bath already. We're really glad this happened BEFORE we started working on the spaces instead of after. I would be much more depressed if our hard work and $ had just been ruined!

i hope they turn out for you. mine from meyer and ideal both look mixed. i recommend belt hatchery on the west coast or ultimate farm chicken on the east cost.

Back
Top Bottom