Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Guns and motorcycles. Yuck.

But at least he doesn't complain if I want to spend some money...

Maybe your husband wouldn't mind a beard and muff if it came on a pretty grey bird:

They are gorgeous! But yeah he still would mind, at least now. Need to take him to more poultry shows. He doesn't like looking at many chicken pics *gasp*

He doesn't like looking at many chicken pics *gasp*
WHAT?!!
ep.gif

I thought I would post pics of my three Meyers chicks now that they are already 5 weeks old!
wee.gif

Here is Jinorra, the Cream Legbar on the day she arrived:

one week old:

Three weeks old (and first time outside):

Five weeks old (getting scraggly looking and losing her chipmunk stripe):

Mai is a Black Copper Marans--I hope...it was hard to pick her out of the box that also had Black Australorp chicks.
hmm.png

Here she is on the day she arrived:

One week old:

Three weeks old (first time outside):

Five weeks old:

Again, getting scraggly. OMG, I just saw the time. Have to run! It's Math and Science night at school. I will post pics of Toph (bantam Easter Egger) when we get back.

Mai is a Black Copper Marans--I hope...it was hard to pick her out of the box that also had Black Australorp chicks. :/ Here she is on the day she arrived: One week old: Three weeks old (first time outside): Five weeks old: Again, getting scraggly. OMG, I just saw the time. Have to run! It's Math and Science night at school. I will post pics of Toph (bantam Easter Egger) when we get back.
Does she have feathers on her legs? All of the black copper Marans that I got from mayors had feathers on the legs. I do have to say I was quite impressed with the dark color of their eggs.

Mai is a Black Copper Marans--I hope...it was hard to pick her out of the box that also had Black Australorp chicks.
hmm.png

Here she is on the day she arrived:

Three weeks old (first time outside):

Again, getting scraggly. OMG, I just saw the time. Have to run! It's Math and Science night at school. I will post pics of Toph (bantam Easter Egger) when we get back.
Yay Avatar theme names! And Mai is very pretty! I think one objection that my husband had to me calling my Welsummer Cora, short for Cornelia is that he is currently into Legend of Korra, whereas my association is Downton Abbey. His little Brahma chick actually reminds me of one of the water tribe peoples, with their fur lined coat hoods.

What did 1-2 and 3-4 turn out to be??
Here are some of my Meyer birds at 2 weeks, today! Would love some help IDing the breeds. Thanks! 1 & 2 - I'm not sure if these are bantams - they are almost the same size as my other chicks...but they have feathered feet, they are primarily yellow with a black saddle, a few have all yellow heads and most have black spots on their heads. 3 & 4 - This is the only chicks with a patterned face and feathered feet. The chick in the right shows the black saddle. 5 - This one is also on the smaller side also with feathered feet - but looks to maybe be a Black Cochin? 6 & 7 - I have 5 of these 1 has willow legs and is an EE, the other 4 have yellow legs, I don't think they are Easter Eggers/Ameracaunas. I'd love it if they were Penedesencas. 8, 9, & 10 - I'm hoping these are Wellsummers? The size difference is odd though. Maybe Brown Leghorn? 11 - No idea...anyone? 12 - Looks like it could be the same breed as the chick above... 13 - No idea...anyone? 14 - No idea, anyone? 15 - I think this is a Barnevelder? 16 - I think this is a Partridge Rock?

I think one objection that my husband had to me calling my Welsummer Cora, short for Cornelia is that he is currently into Legend of Korra, whereas my association is Downton Abbey.
Cora, of course! I have a pair of English budgies named Robert and Cora.
wink.png
And I didn't even think of that when I named Corabeth. I got that name from the storekeeper's wife on the Waltons. Was looking for old fashioned ladies names.

Back
Top Bottom