Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Yup, these are our first. I've wanted them for years though and oh, I'm already addicted. Already planning next breeds and for getting ducks and goats... I'm in deep :p

I know DOA chicks are expected but again it was the way Meyer's handled the situation. I know several people personally who have had great experiences with Meyers and some that had bad.Just the luck of the draw I guess. Just not a risk I will take again!

I ordered Hatching Eggs from McMurray and they were severely damaged during shipping. Again nothing to do with the hatchery. They shipped Fed ex and were boxed very well but still were mostly broken. McMurray handled the situation very well even going over with me the reasons why I should probably not try to hatch the non broken eggs under my hen because or risk of bacteria. I tried hatching 3 but they never developed. McMurray told me to call back after I tried hating the remaining eggs and they refunded my money. Although not the result I had hoped for the company tried to make it right anyway they could.

From now on I will only order from Greenfire Farm (located in Florida a few hours away) or from local breeders. I have learned my lesson.

Bummer! I also lived in Florida, and my chicks I got in May all arrived in pristine condition. Do you know if they shipped Express or Prioirity? I know mine shipped Express (which is basically overnight shipping, so I received them the day after hatching). That does really suck that they had chicks, but sold them instead of replacing your order. I guess it might just have gotten lost in the noise for them? I know many many have had awesome customer service from them, and in doing all my research over many many months, they by far had the best reviews/best gender accuracy, which is why I chose to order from them. I would say, give them another try if you can. And definitely specify Express shipping with Customer Service.

But, Greenfire Farms would definitely be a better choice if you are w/n driving distance. We aren't, otherwise that would have been my preferred method. In fact, I am pretty jealous.

Back
Top Bottom