Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Anyone know why my 31 week old wyandottes are not laying yet... 4 shows no sign of a comb what so ever. At this point there not even worth keeping.

Wyandotte are slower than other breeds to start laying, 5-7 months is not unusual, they are considered dual purpose chickens, if you want eggs sooner always get egg laying breeds.

I have found it is always cheaper to buy eggs than to expect things out of chickens, there's so many things that can factor into egg production such as proper feed and the breeding behind your birds.

Wyandotte are slower than other breeds to start laying, 5-7 months is not unusual, they are considered dual purpose chickens, if you want eggs sooner always get egg laying breeds.

I have found it is always cheaper to buy eggs than to expect things out of chickens, there's so many things that can factor into egg production such as proper feed and the breeding behind your birds.

I just wanna hatch eggs out lol.

They came from meyer hatchery.
obviously, lol, I should look at the forum title, perhaps if you post pictures, they should be getting close to starting, sometimes the shorter days will slow down the start of laying, mine have always started by seven months.

obviously, lol, I should look at the forum title, perhaps if you post pictures, they should be getting close to starting, sometimes the shorter days will slow down the start of laying, mine have always started by seven months.

Theres only one showing a sign of a comb

They do look like it could be in the next month, some do look like they are starting combs, they are very pretty, though that doesn't get you any eggs. Are you still feeding them a grower, keeping up the protein content will help get them laying sooner, I personally like to cut the protein content to slow down maturing so they can get some growth on before starting to lay so they don't end up with troubles from early laying. So to me you are doing things right.

Ok so my chicks hatched on Mon Nov 16 and I received them Wed morning I have a total of 16 am hoping that you guys can tell me what I have now I discovered after I uploaded the pics that I didn't get a pic of my black chicks with cream spots on their heads and cream spots on their bums. I was also told that the following breeds were available as I was doing the Rainbow Pullet Kit (so will have 5 different colors/breeds

) plus the free charity egg layer I have no idea what we got.

Barred Rock, Black Australorp, Black Copper Marans, Blue Ameraucana, Blue Splash Marans, Buff Orp, Cream Legbar, EE, Golden Buff, Golden Cuckoo Marans, Olive Egger, Swedish Flower, Walsummer

Looks like Barred Rocks (white head spot), Buff Orpingtons (yellow ones), and Easter Eggers (definitely the chipmunk ones but can be any color as they're technically mutts). Not sure on the first two. We have Black Australorp, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, Easter Egger, 4 weeks old currently and they're great. They were scared at first but now they've calmed down. They're still nervous when I come in and go to the other side but that's only because I forgot to add a door so havr to climb over high cardboard wall and also put screen on top since they now fly so it scares them. Hoping to fix both of those issues ASAP but they were in the house for 3 weeks and only recently moved to the garage. Anyway, once I get in, they calm down and in fact, they are starting to climb all over me haha they love perching on my knees

Back
Top Bottom