Myers vs Meyers

jthor88

In the Brooder
Oct 17, 2023
This is my first time buying day old chicks, (red sex link) online. I did a lot of research and it seems that Meyers is one of the most well known hatchery with good chickens. Unfortunately I bought my chicks from Myers thinking it was Meyers. Is Myers a good Hatchery? Has anyone raise their red sex link before? I tried looking up more about them but there is hardly any information. They don't have any review on their chicks. Is Myers trying to "trick" first time buyers into thinking they are Meyers?

I've never heard of Myers, but looking at their website, it looks like a nice, legit hatchery. Their in Pennsylvania, if you're west of the Mississippi, you might want to find a closer to you hatchery.
I personally prefer Cacklehatchery, Mt Healthy or McMurrays
Meyers is expensive to me, especially their small order fees and shipping.

Last edited:
I've never heard of Myers, but looking at their website, it looks like a nice, legit hatchery. Their in Pennsylvania, if you're west of the Mississippi, you might want to find a closer to you hatchery.
I personally prefer Cacklehatchery, Mt Healthy or McMurrays
Meyers is expensive to me, especially their small order fees and shipping.
I agree but Meyer Hatchery chicks are great qulity and fully worth it. I also love Mt. Healthy but one of my sliver laced wyandottes was a boy when it was supposed to be a girl. :rolleyes:

Upon first glance, reviews online look favorable! I agree with earlier post that the best hatchery is the one closer to you. Good luck and enjoy your little ones!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom