Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I am at a loss. I received a Swedish Flower chick from Meyer last April, and honestly I don't think that is what I got. The hen is beautiful and lays jumbo light brown eggs (with a tinge of pink to them). She is not a Blue Copper Marans, as I have one of them and she is quite different looking and also this one has bright yellow legs. Her gold-tinged hackles are barred, but the rest of her isn't. Any thoughts??? I almost thought some sort of Bielefelder mix, but Meyer doesn't even offer Bielefelders!

This is my BLRW I received from Meyer in August. I think she is going to be very pretty but she has a cross beak
1f61e.png
This hasn't stopped her, she's feisty and has worked her way up through the pecking order. I notified Meyer about this (probably?) genetic defect? My niece also orders from Meyer a BLRW & it had a cross beak as well
1f914.png

I am at a loss. I received a Swedish Flower chick from Meyer last April, and honestly I don't think that is what I got. The hen is beautiful and lays jumbo light brown eggs (with a tinge of pink to them). She is not a Blue Copper Marans, as I have one of them and she is quite different looking and also this one has bright yellow legs. Her gold-tinged hackles are barred, but the rest of her isn't. Any thoughts??? I almost thought some sort of Bielefelder mix, but Meyer doesn't even offer Bielefelders!
I'm guessing that is suppose to be a Swedish Flowing hen. She looks like a combination of the first two hens they have on the web site as examples. Also the last two reviews say they received poor quality. From what little I know about chicken genetics, I believe the molten pattern is very complicated. Either way, she's gorgeous and very unique!! I like the contrast.

Know it's a long shot cause they hatch sooo many chicks so no way of knowing which ones are "mine" but I had to cancel my October 11th order and did it kinda last minute so we told them to just add them so someone else's order or something so I'm curious if anyone got any extra chicks or got these breeds in their assorments LOL again, I know they may include these anyways but I'm also just curious what breeds are typically in the assorments :p

The breeds I had ordered were: 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte, 1 Partridge Rock, 1 Speckled Sussex, and the free chick but idk if they'd add that.

But they're all rareish breeds so I'm sure they found a good home with somebody :)

I'm so sorry you had to cancel! :hugs I have all those breeds, and I just love them! I hope you can get them soon!

And I agree with Amy King Hanson on the Swedish Flower hens. I don't think they have good quality flower hens. All the reviews say the same thing. I would love to get some, but certainly not planning on from Meyer.

I'm so sorry you had to cancel! :hugs I have all those breeds, and I just love them! I hope you can get them soon!

Thank you very much! I think I might order them again for spring or my mom might let me hatch chicks cause she met a lady who had and thought it was so cool and cute AND i had a broody Orpington this fall so here's hoping she goes broody again or I'll buy an incubator LOL

Thank you very much! I think I might order them again for spring or my mom might let me hatch chicks cause she met a lady who had and thought it was so cool and cute AND i had a broody Orpington this fall so here's hoping she goes broody again or I'll buy an incubator LOL

I have a broody buff right now. Thank goodness for her, or all my eggs would be frozen! I am not going to let her hatch them though, it is too cold, but she can thaw those eggs all day long! I am getting and incubator on Black Friday, and I am so stinkin excited!!!!!!!! :weee :celebrate :ya :yiipchick :jumpy

I have a broody buff right now. Thank goodness for her, or all my eggs would be frozen! I am not going to let her hatch them though, it is too cold, but she can thaw those eggs all day long! I am getting and incubator on Black Friday, and I am so stinkin excited!!!!!!!! :weee :celebrate :ya :yiipchick :jumpy

LOL awesome! My eggs are probably frozen too lol and sweet! I didn't even know there were black friday deals on them, i want to find one haha i need an incubator
1f602.png
1f602.png
thinking of the hovabator Genesis or the incuview from incubator warehouse, leaning towards the incuview cause the plastic seems easier to clean/more stable but they're all expensive. I need a black friday deal LOL maybe I can get one for Christmas or my birthday. My birthday is March 31st so perfect time for hatching :p

LOL awesome! My eggs are probably frozen too lol and sweet! I didn't even know there were black friday deals on them, i want to find one haha i need an incubator
1f602.png
1f602.png
thinking of the hovabator Genesis or the incuview from incubator warehouse, leaning towards the incuview cause the plastic seems easier to clean/more stable but they're all expensive. I need a black friday deal LOL maybe I can get one for Christmas or my birthday. My birthday is March 31st so perfect time for hatching
tongue.png
I also didn't think about incubators being on sale for Black Friday. I would like to get a small one to try out.

Back
Top Bottom