Meyer Hatchery Chicken Pictures!!!

70041_5chx.jpg

These are my babies from Meyer. I just picked them up today. The tiniest chick in the middle is the lone chick from some serama eggs I incubated. She needed brooder buddies. So I picked out 2 blue hamburgs, 1 silver lakenelder an my mom had me pick up a barred rock and brown leghorn for her. I'll update the picks as they grow.
I am very excited that Meyer is only a 2 hour drive for me and I can just pick chicks up rather than have them shipped.

Quote:
Be-e-eautiful birds!
thumbsup.gif
Meyer's stock looks like it may be what I'm desiring: something that gets big! Like the look of those EE's especially. I've been considering Meyer EE's.

If you want big, our Partridge Rock girls and so heavy and huge, really surpised me I thought all along the Barred Rocks would be biggest. EE's are cool both lay blue eggs they are much lighter in weight but are very well behaved birds, very sweet and docile and you never know what they will look like when young, I believe ours changed colors at least 2 times before they ended up like what you see. We will be getting more EE's next spring along with a few Black Australorps.

Picked up our Buff Brahma Bantams today!! They were suppose to be hatched on Sept. 19th but that group didn't hatch out, so we got pushed back to today.

Then we pulled a polish out of the week old chicks in the extra bin:

I ordered my chickens through My Pet Chicken but they are from Meyers. My girls are wonderful but I wish my Light Brahma's were better quality, they are getting lighter as they get older but they still have too much grey and black. Until a month or so ago I wasn't even sure they were LB they looked so strange. As a new chicken person I was ignorant to the fact that hatchery birds were so different than chickens from a breeder, live and learn! Still love my girls though even if they aren't perfect looking
love.gif
Also I don't think my Buff Orpingtons will be as big as they are supposed to be which is a bit of a bummer. There is quite a difference in size between my Meyers birds and my birds from a breeder
hu.gif

The girls are all 14 weeks in these pictures....

Light Brahma

81900_chickens_14_weeks_142.jpg

Silver Laced Wyandotte

81900_chickens_14_weeks_330.jpg

Buff Orpington

81900_chickens_14_weeks_313.jpg

Barred Rocks

81900_chickens_14_weeks_149.jpg

All my birds come from Meyer. Look at my page. My daughter won 4th place with her blue cochin hen from meyer at the fair for 4H. She had some stiff competition. Our birds have all gotten very large,healthy produced great! We live 2 hours away so we always go pick up. It is very clean and nice and is always full of Amish picking up their orders. Would highly recommend!

Back
Top Bottom