Meyer Hatchery In Polk, Ohio

I have two Easter Eggers from them and they are gorgeous and completely healthy. My only problem is that I ordered 2 female chicks and paid the female price and now that they are older it is obvious that they are both roosters.... So I will have to get rid of them.

I have been thinking about ordering from them also, they have several breeds that I would like to get just a few of, but I have always had quality animals of anything I have had, show dogs,horses,cows. I'm not looking to show the chickens, just want pretty birds that lay well, but would at least like them to look like their breed. Any thoughts on the quailty of the chickens they sell.

I'm always willing to say good things about Meyer. Almost all of our birds came from there, and they are doing great. We got a great mix of colors in our Ameraucanas (EE's) and our Buckeyes are beautiful. All are laying now, for the most part. I have been to the hatchery twice, and ordered from them 3 different occasions, and all were pleasant experiences.

Hello, I get almost all my chicks there because it's just an hour away, and I pick them up. Most of my orders are very small. They've got very good customer service, and my chicks have all been healthy.

They are great people at Meyers. They also sex them so if you want all pullets you can order that way.

I have ordered from them. They aren't the nicest people. I ordered a total of 700 chicks from them last year, and around 50 were cross bred. It was some of the Wyandottes and Ameraucana that were not pure.

I ordered from them last year & it turned out well. I got 18 Columbian Wyandottes, 4 GLW & 4 RIR. Lost 2 the first day & one a day later that was not right from the get go. Rec'd one Columbian that was as small as a bantam! After the first two days, all grew well. The RIRs & the GLWs went to my sister. My 14 Columbians have all grown to be a nice size & are very pretty. The 13 hens are laying like crazy. Ordered a Columbian rooster & ended up with one other. All in all I am satisfied.

I was just reading their site...can't find shipping costs???
It says something on there about refunding costs if sexed orders aren't what they should be...after 10wks but before 18wks you report it to them...check that out!
Does anyone have their Delawares? I want great egg production...have to choose where to get them from!

Back
Top Bottom