Meyer Hatchery vs. McMurray Hatchery

My order shipped from Meyer's Hatchery today. Did not get any updates until 1pm. I called the hatchery before then to ask what was going on and my shipment had left before the time that I was calling (around 930am).

For chickens, they say the estimated arrival date is Thursday to cover their bases. I have always had good luck getting my orders at a decent amount of time. I got my chicks last year on a Tuesday. I'm not sure how they managed that, but it worked. My goslings came in last week on a Wed. Hopefully they will be in tomorrow. :)

I was able to get my Meyer's order yesterday. I drove to a po hub that is a bit further away to get them. I may have had to wait until today if I did not. It would have had to go to two more PO in my state to get to me. So MM wins on speed for shipping. Meyer's gave me two heat packs for 23 chicks. MM gave me 1 for 42.

So far all have survived from that last order. So e have had eye issues, but are okay now. By this time with our MM order we were noticing mistakes in our order along with very sick or dead chicks.

I previously had ordered from Meyer and had a good experience but NOT this year. My first order of the year that I placed 8 out of 15 survived then my replacement order of 10 (I added 3) only 2 survived.I even opened them at the po so they are also aware of the situation. When I told them I wanted my birds still instead of a refund I was told I could not get one because " something" was happening that they we not getting to me alive.I then asked if I should then place any future orders if they can't get to me alive and the rep had no response.I then cancelled my future orders and will never order from them again. Terrible service on something totally out of my control.
Tawnya Howe
Ashland wi

I just got my first chicks from Meyers hatchery. So far I'm impressed. I received emails from the p.o.tracking them. They were hatched and shipped on a Monday . I received a call Tuesday morning 7am. My chicks were in. They told me to come in back door and I could get them. I have 4 barred rocks 4 buff orps and doing great. A warming pad was provided.I did talk to customer service about my Npip papers for my son's 4H. Very nice person who emailed it to me and even asked how my chicks are doing. Great! My chicks are 2 week old. I will definitely order from them again.

I just got my first chicks from Meyers hatchery. So far I'm impressed. I received emails from the p.o.tracking them. They were hatched and shipped on a Monday . I received a call Tuesday morning 7am. My chicks were in. They told me to come in back door and I could get them. I have 4 barred rocks 4 buff orps and doing great. A warming pad was provided.I did talk to customer service about my Npip papers for my son's 4H. Very nice person who emailed it to me and even asked how my chicks are doing. Great! My chicks are 2 week old. I will definitely order from them again.
Same here. My chicks were much healthier and I got what I ordered plus 1. My McMurray chicks were not as healthy, friendly, and not exactly what I ordered.

My Meyer gosling order came in 5 weeks ago. I ordered 8, one was DOA. The others are doing great, and they are so friendly (could be the breed). Most of the ducklings from McMurray are doing great. I ordered 16 ducklings of several breeds. Three died within the first couple of days, but they sent me replacements, which was awesome on their part. The extra they sent me was labeled as a Sweet Emily, turns out to be a Buff, which was fine with me since it was an extra. One of the SEs started seizing like crazy around 8 weeks old and died. Other than that, everyone is doing pretty well.

I'm trying for another chick order forom Meyer, due to come in the week of July 28. I have called them a few times to change the order, and the customer service was excellent.

I have used Meyer and purchased a production pack of chicks and 7 additional chicks. They were healthy have remained healthy thus far.
I am very happy with everything I have purchased through Meyer except the nesting boxes they were over priced pieces of junk. But the health and well being of the birds I purchased was top notch. I do think two of the guaranteed pullets are roosters which I did not want but I understand sexing them is difficult and time will tell. They will give you a credit but what the heck will I do with roosters I don't need or want.
So overall I would order from them again. Have never tried the other hatchery so have no comment on them.

Back
Top Bottom