MG?

Hopefully that isn’t what this is, but even if it is, it’s not always an immediate death sentence. They can live (mostly) normal, happy lives even if they are infected. I had an EE that had the same symptoms as what Raven has, but in both eyes, and it ended up clearing up. It kept leaving then coming back, until it finally went away, and it hasn’t come back since. Have you tried flushing her eye?

Hopefully that isn’t what this is, but even if it is, it’s not always an immediate death sentence. They can live (mostly) normal, happy lives even if they are infected. I had an EE that had the same symptoms as what Raven has, but in both eyes, and it ended up clearing up. It kept leaving then coming back, until it finally went away, and it hasn’t come back since. Have you tried flushing her eye?
Hopefully it's not MG. Even if it is, I probably won't change anything about the way I'm keeping them (apart from I'd avoid going to other people's flocks and I'd get some respiratory medicine to help them a bit) since it's not affecting them much, or at all. At the end of the year I was planning to get 2 more chickens then enjoy my flock as it is.

Raven's eyes have a blue 'shine' to them. Is that the culprit? She can see, but the only chicken I've had (other than her) with that blue shine was Ginger, and he was part blind.

I'll try flush the eye and see if it helps. If I still don't know what's happening I can take her to the vet if the bubbles continue and they can help me out

Update: Raven hasn't had bad eyes since I last posted. She's doing very well. It was probably just some dirt in her eye or something. Even if it was MG, I'm glad it's not affecting her anymore. Thanks for the help.
DSC_0078.JPG

Back
Top Bottom