MGG's Hatching Thread!

Last edited:
Both Orpingtons internally pipped!!!
:wee
I also let my new broody (broody #2) sit on two of her goofy mixed eggs, to see if when they hatch she accepts these better. However, my reliable broody went broody a week and a half ago so I might take one of broody #2's eggs and give it to her, and let broody #2 keep one egg. Then split the chicks between them when they hatch. Idk, lol. Hopefully at least one of them accepts all of the chicks. So I should have 7 babies, hopefully!

Are Govees considered the best thermometers/hygrometers?
I mean, IDK which kind of Govee MGG is talking about but I think the ones I've seen are small (easy to fit in an incubator) and you don't have to be near the incubator to see temp and humidity, and you can see the temp and humidity history and set low and high alarms.

Both Orpingtons internally pipped!!!
:wee
I also let my new broody (broody #2) sit on two of her goofy mixed eggs, to see if when they hatch she accepts these better. However, my reliable broody went broody a week and a half ago so I might take one of broody #2's eggs and give it to her, and let broody #2 keep one egg. Then split the chicks between them when they hatch. Idk, lol. Hopefully at least one of them accepts all of the chicks. So I should have 7 babies, hopefully!
Yes! Babies soon!! :celebrate :yesss: :clap

Splash-looking Orp.
20210508_080121.jpg

Splash-looking Ameraucana.
20210508_075620.jpg

One Orp is internally pipped but not externally yet, he sounds very strong. As in, he's loud. :lol:
And the both Pene mixes externally pipped. I'm so excited! It's day 21 now.

Back
Top Bottom