Miami underground chickens--are you out there?

chantopz

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 6, 2013
miami
Hello from Miami, new to chicken keeping this year! Currently I have 3 blue splash marans in a coop, rooster and 2 hens 7 weeks old, and 17 silkie chicks 6 weeks thru 2 weeks in my livingroom brooder box. Thw silkies all get along fine and do not even smell bad since I change bedding daily. I also just hatched 2 teeny tiny serams after trying and loosing 12 other serama eggs that did not make it. The serams are so tiny and look so lonley with only the 2 in their little brooder box. Anybody know when they can go in with the silkies? I would enjoy hearing from others in South Florida, especially experiences with code enforcement and urban chicken hiding, LOL. I know you are out there because on morning walks I can hear random crowing. All my chicks are hatched at home and I have started quail and have 2 large batteries ready for when they hatch. I am going to need to sell my gorgeous maran trio soon before Pete starts to crow and the silkies are ready to go out--weather permitting.

welcome-byc.gif
you may want to check out the American Serama thread . I've heard Seramas can be difficult to hatch especially the smallest ones - I'm sure the breeders can offer some advice.

Back
Top Bottom