Mice! Eat, poo, and pee in my chickens food/water..try this!

Cynthia12

Always Grateful
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Apr 11, 2010
Utah
I'm so tired of mice and sparrows. They are all over the place here in Utah. I will be out there taking care of the chickens, and the mice just look up at me like they are saying, hurry up, I'm hungry. They won't even move until I move toward them! So, found this trap. They go in for the PB, the step goes down when they go in, then pops up when they step off. I caught 5 last night..put it somewhere else this afternoon, and went out to find this little guy. I have it in another spot now. I need another one.

The mouse at the top of the trap..the big blob of PB in the middle. I want to make sure
they can smell it. They can!

This is the doorway on one side, there is one on both sides. The smell in my end pen
is so bad, smells like mice. And it's an open coop/run!

Nice.Where did you buy the trap?I get mice in my sparrow trap,but would like this one.

At a feed store. It wasn't IFA, Cal Ranch, but a store similar that sells things for farm animals. I can't believe how well this works. Finally found something.

Cool looking trap, bet you will find some snakes in there too.

Eww, I didn't think of that! Not at this time of year though..we have close to 3 ft. of snow where we are right now. I'm thinking that won't be too much fun if I find a snake come spring. The snakes around here are good for our area. No poison ones here in the valley. I haven't seen any around the coop. Mostly garden snakes. Unless though, you go up into our mountain areas..then you see those huge rattle snakes, they are all over in the rocky areas of our mountains. We worry more about poison spiders..we have a lot of Black Widows! We spray for those.
wink.png

Going to check to see if I got any more icky mice. They smell soo bad. :/

How do i stop mice from eating my chicken food? They are getting in their somehow and it's black so i cant find the holes. Is there a spice i can sprinkle that they dont like on the food or the corners? I put cement blocks on the bottom and the sides.

Last edited:
I'm so tired of mice and sparrows. They are all over the place here in Utah. I will be out there taking care of the chickens, and the mice just look up at me like they are saying, hurry up, I'm hungry. They won't even move until I move toward them! So, found this trap. They go in for the PB, the step goes down when they go in, then pops up when they step off. I caught 5 last night..put it somewhere else this afternoon, and went out to find this little guy. I have it in another spot now. I need another one.

The mouse at the top of the trap..the big blob of PB in the middle. I want to make sure
they can smell it. They can!

This is the doorway on one side, there is one on both sides. The smell in my end pen
is so bad, smells like mice. And it's an open coop/run!
How do you dispatch and empty that thing?

Back
Top Bottom