Mice Nursery

I am always skeptical that scents of any kind will stop rats where there is food to be had. Just adds to the ambience I would guess. Might have worked in a travel trailer where the draw was a warm safe place to stay the winter and no food. Their food source will be withing a dozen yards of their nest if they are going to survive the predators.

Tom Cat Bait Stations
Garbage. lol I've never had any luck with Tom Cat. In fact, one of my little dogs ate half a bar of it when she got into a building outside she shouldn't have been able to get into and all it did was turn her poop green. I second the Just One Bite bars cmom recommended. Those work fabulously.

I'll stick with rat bait stations. With the right bait they work well for me and since I'm in an area where most of the neighbors have some livestock there is never a shortage of rats. New ones are always trying to move in.

Tom Cat Bait Stations work great for us. Have used them in the house and all outbuildings for many years to eliminate mice and rats.

Yet another vote for bait stations with bait blocks (Tom Cat, Protecta, etc.). Our field mice can't resist the blocks and it wipes them out quickly. You can buy large bait stations to set near structures in the area as well as smaller units for inside of coops and barns. I like the Protecta RTU corner stations for inside as they seem to get a lot of traffic.

My guess is that you are not setting the bait stations in high traffic areas. Try new locations every 4-5 days if you have heavy infestation and don't see any evidence of chewing. Try different bait blocks. Give it time. There are a lot of migrating mice this time of year. Nothing is going to wipe them out overnight. Trust the process.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom