Michigan Chickenstock 2011 Sell/Swap/Need

I am bringing muscovy ducklings,(hatch date may 10th), I also have three oegb cockerels and two pullets-( these were hatched on March 24th )...If someone is interested I may bring a trio of adult (1 year old) Muscovies...these three make lots of chocolate babies- but I dont want to bring them if nobody is going to take them. PM me if there is someone interested.

Also- 2 pullets, they will be 16 weeks old at Chickenstock. One is an EE (tsc) and the other was supposed to be New Hampshire- but I think its Buff Orp. These two are to go together.

I cant count my chickens before they hatch, but my Frizzle is sitting on some silver sebright eggs.

No charge.

I am looking for one or two splash or white Silkie pullets, a showgirl pullet would be wonderful as well..

Last edited:
I would have 4 Serama pullets to sell/swap if someone had 2 silkie pullets for me! The only way I can talk my 5 year old into selling all the seramas is to trade them for silkies. She really wants a nice friendly fluffy friend.

ETA: I no longer have the rooster. He went back to the breeder.

Last edited:
I have 5 Silver laced wyandotte cockerals that came from kathyinmo. Nice stock but I don't need that many roosters. If anyone wants one or five please let me know and I will hold on to them for you. Otherwise they will be probably be gone before chickenstock. Free of course.

Nevermind, they are now spoken for
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I am selling my entire BLRW flock due to personal reasons, I would like them to go before chickenstock, but if I have any left by then, I will be bringing them there. I will offer a good deal to anyone who wants the entire flock. They are laying really well right now and are really nice birds. I culled hard last year and only kept the best. Most are from last years hatch with a couple that are from the year before. 9 hens and 3 roos, one dark roo and the rest are splash and light blue. Contact me privately for pics and prices.

Hi everybody,
I live in Saline near Ann Arbor. My chicken flock completely free range even in winter.
I am with chickens for about two years, but still feel myself as a kindergartener in terms of your chickens slang and many other things. On top of everything I am not a very native English speaker and writer So I am shy.
I was very busy before and could not pay much attention to my bellowed feathered animals. But now I am conveniently quite sick (this is a bad joke) and on Medical Leave and try to save my sanity by doing more and more chickens things, so now I am obsessed with them.
Sorry for such a long introduction. I hope that I could come to chicken fair in Lansing. Never been to any fairs. I do not know any rules. You guys also probably know each other.
I do not know if it is appropriate to ask somebody to bring some eggs or chicks. Anyway,
I would like to have many different varieties of standard chickens. I afraid to have bantams since Bantam roo, who I inherited with property fell as hero on the battle field with small prey bird protecting standards.

Silver Laced Wyandotte
Light brahma
Some Hamburg
Silkis (I have already black)
Russian Orloff,
Appenzeller Spitzhauben
Swedish Flower and Jubilee Orpington ( this is a sad joke too)
May be somebody could advise me more interesting colorful breeds.
Thank you,
Francheska

Francheska, this is our 3rd Chickenstock and almost no one knew anyone else at first. Last year more came than the previous year and this year even more have indicated they are coming for the first time. So the number of folks who know each other continues to grow. With everyone sharing the common interest in chickens it certainly makes it seem like we already know each other. Everyone is a stranger until we meet, so come at meet us and not be a stranger.

Letting folks know what you are looking for is quite appropriate as it lets folks know what they can bring and expect to sell or trade

If you click on Chickenstock in my signature line it will give you links to information such as maps, buy/sell/trade, and potluck. I know from experience that the folks on this thread are some of the most friendly on the BYC site and you'll enjoy yourself.

Francheska,
I too will be going to my first Chicken Stock and thought I may feel out of place as I have never met anyone.
But, I also feel this is the nicest, helpful group of enthusiasts around! I look forward to meeting the people I have already "met" on this forum.
I'm not the most outgoing person in a group of people whom are new to me, so you are not alone in this. Hey, if I can do it, you can too.
smile.png

By going this first time, we can help other newbies feel more comfortable next year! Besides, this will be the best way for you to acquire new, healthy birds and learn from the owners about the breeds.

I can hardly wait
smile.png
Please don't worry about not being English not being your native language. I've spoken it all my life and haven't mastered it yet. And, you write very well in English. What is you're first language? I've worked with many families with English as a second language.

Janice
Ann Arbor

Back
Top Bottom