Michigan Chickenstock 2013 Buy/Sell/Trade

Unwanted children
Single women without children
big_smile.png

yuckyuck.gif

I will bring some. Do you have anything to trade?
big_smile.png

Plant-wise, only an abundance of lilacs. Ours are spreading like crazy and I could bring some of those.
I need to thin my bulbs, but it's too early to do so....
Oh! I have a TON of periwinkle. It loves my yard. (And I love it...the more it grows the less I need to mow!)
Does any of that interest you? (Or anyone else!)

Red Wigglers (in lots of 100 worms)

I forgot to mention raspberry plants, too - I have several that I was going to thin. I think they are either Latham or Heritage . . . .
Oh my. I was just looking for a source for Red Wigglers. Need some to create a worm tower.
And I'd love some raspberry plants. We were supposed to get some from my dad this spring, but their spring arrived very late. (He lives in the U.P.)

i need to figure out what else I need to bring if anyone is interested (other than what's already been arranged) . . .
I also can bring:
empty feed bags for crafts (Armada brand - layer, starter, and duck)
Red Wigglers (in lots of 100 worms)
I'm interested in some worms! :)

My daughter has just instructed me to find her 2 or 3 bantams. We currently have 5 mille fleur (but three are roos). She's not picky what kind of bantams, she just said get her pretty ones. We do want hens--we already have enough roos.

Want to buy/trade for: maple syrup, wine, yarn, vegetable plants, cream legbars (SO want these ), black copper marans or wellsumer chicks or O-shamo - all pullets

Have to sell or trade:
1 buff hen and 1 white hen show quality silkies (note: I cannot judge show quality, when I purchased I was told show quality). $15 each or $24 for both

Trade:

Strawberry jam (3 ingredients, only strawberries, honey and the no/low sugar pectin) planning to make some Friday, so no guarantees
Raspberry plants (dont remember what kind, I bought from Costco many years ago)
Hosta
Columbine (dark purple/white)
Magenta campion
Bee balm (think its purple)
Light purple iris
Hens and chicks plant
Tiger lily
Yellow lily
Maybe a lilac - if I can find one with good roots

I'm not sure who's in charge of the raffle table, or if anyone would be interested, but I have a pair of kids (size 10-12) overalls that I'm willing to donate. I bought them at the last employee sale for my nephew, but he moved to Japan and has no need for them. (Oh yeah, I work for Carhartt....) Would they be of any interest to anyone? If so, I'll donate them for the raffle table.
Yes!!

I have some newly hatched Mille Fluer d'Uccle chicks I am bringing. Also have 4 Millie Fluer d'Uccle pullets around 2 months old I will be bringing. And some silkie chicks - blue and blue splash. Various ages.

Last edited:
I have some newly hatched Mille Fluer d'Uccle chicks I am bringing. Also have 4 Millie Fluer d'Uccle pulleys around 2 months old I will be bringing. And some silkie chicks - blue and blue splash. Various ages.

How much do you want for the pullets?
Are silkies okay in Michigan winters? They look pretty, but I'm worried since my flock is free ranging during the day and locked up only at night.

Back
Top Bottom