The Best First Breed :The Buff Orpington

Would you get a BO?

• Total voters
Wait, you only like the cockerels cause their good for soup???
giphy.gif

Wait, you only like the cockerels cause their good for soup???
giphy.gif
I breed orpingtons for dual purposes, I use the hens for eggs, Sell chicks, And use the cockerels for meat. I'll keep a few here and there if I like their personality/looks. So yes, I like the cokerels mostly for their meat. I like to try and avoid buying chicken from markets and such since I absolutely hate how most broilers are raised around here up until slaughter time. Forced to stay in cramped pens and fed crap. Here most of my birds are able to free range 24/7 on around 50 acres of pasture. Feels much better eating something you know had a good life and wasn't stuffed with medicated slop.

I breed orpingtons for dual purposes, I use the hens for eggs, Sell chicks, And use the cockerels for meat. I'll keep a few here and there if I like their personality/looks. So yes, I like the cokerels mostly for their meat. I like to try and avoid buying chicken from markets and such since I absolutely hate how most broilers are raised around here up until slaughter time. Forced to stay in cramped pens and fed crap. Here most of my birds are able to free range 24/7 on around 50 acres of pasture. Feels much better eating something you know had a good life and wasn't stuffed with medicated slop.
I agree with you if it is for business purposes
giphy.gif

Yep wow is right! >~< Lol
We have experimented on breeds and decided that buff Orpingtons are the right one for us obviously! We want to sell some chicks in the future and they are going to be full BOs and around here ppl are crazy for them so we should have some good business!
Good for you
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom