Michigan Chickenstock 2014 - planning ahead!

I can bring two barred rock rooster
wee.gif

In the "all welcome forum" a few weeks ago I posted that I was willing to chair or work on youth activities for 2014 chickenstock. I can not commit to doing a lot of physical stuff though due to health constraints. If that's alright let me know.

Bob

In the "all welcome forum" a few weeks ago I posted that I was willing to chair or work on youth activities for 2014 chickenstock. I can not commit to doing a lot of physical stuff though due to health constraints. If that's alright let me know.

Bob
I think that is great that you are volunteering. Right now we all thought having a volunteer to start a specific thread is a great start if you want to do that? A thread is good for people to suggest things and volunteer for that particular topic.

We have RaZ for the Food Thread

Farmerboy16 is doing the Buy/Sell/Raffle thread

BobBry for the youth activity/games thread

We also might list food categories so we don't wind up with quite so many desserts. We still have enough plates, napkins, and utensils that we won't need anyone to bring any next year.

We've had posted event times in the past and I still had to go around trying to get folks to come up to the pavilion.
May be that folks simply do not want the activities. Time is short and the day is long, perhaps we want spend it as we want to spend it? How might we determine that ? does this suggest another committee???

My personal feeling is that the kid activities aren't worth the effort. Far to few kids. Plus from a selfish standpoint I'd rather be talking to people rather than trying to organize and supervise kids. Guess I've turned into an old grump.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom