Michigan Chickenstock Has Returned for 2022! Sign In. Sign Up. Show up.

What breed variety is the rooster?
Buff Orpington from TSC, so nothing special, and hatchery quality. I will not give him to anyone with small children. He sometimes "forgets" I'm the boss. I've told DH if he ever draws blood, he's done.

And yet, he's WAY better than the other two I got. They were culled at 4 months. BOs are gentle, they said. They lied.

First replies:
CS22 1st draft.png

I think I still have the old original sign-up book from years past and a box of stuff. We took it all a few years ago and brought it back last time. I'll let a few of the peeps that usually come know in case they are not looking. Not sure right now about us so I'll get back later. Is there going to be the usual raffle? I believe I have the tickets also.

What kind of raffle?
Every year we would bring an item and place it on a table. You would get a raffle ticket. At some point someone would draw tickets and if called you would take one item, anything. So the first drawn got pick of the litter, etc. down the line. I usually put a bottle of Maple Syrup I make, some put craft items, some anything chicken, or farm related. Keeping the cost of an item to a reasonable amount. Although there were no real limits up or down ($). Just fun! We've also had speakers like a Dr. from MI State Veterinary Science. Of course we do the pot luck. And, when we were going strong (lots of people came) people would have tables of either animals, crafts, farming items, etc. I sold bunnies a few times. Times have changed though.

I plan to come - will hold off to see what is needed before I commit to anything yet.

I plan to bring, quail eggs/chicks I'll have jumbo and rare color standards. Plus blue sumatra and faverolle chicks/hatching eggs. And a few mini rex bunnies, I have it on my calendar to incubate eggs and breed the does in time for the kits to be 8 wks old at time of CS.

See ya'll there!

I called Kat and she plans to be there. Cindy and I will be there and we are bring Kendra and Randy. Kendra came last time we had one in 2019. Cindy will probably bring a sald bar/veggie tray like usual. I'll ask Kendra what she'll bring and get back. I forgot to ask Kat. I'll also bring maple syrup if we do the raffle. Don't forget the raffle. I kind of explained it for those that don't know.

I am not sure if hub will go but more likely not. I am bringing all plates, utensils, cups and napkins. I can make some crocheted chicken coaster for the table. A few sets of 4 coasters if you like. All hand made in different colors. I might bring a few blankets as well for the table. I am not a professional crocheter but I enjoy doing stuff. Just need before the date a ballpark number of people attending to make sure I bring enough. I am not a baker and not everyone likes Puertorican food,lol I do not know how to cook mexican food as I know everyones loves mexican food, 😢

I am not sure if hub will go but more likely not. I am bringing all plates, utensils, cups and napkins. I can make some crocheted chicken coaster for the table. A few sets of 4 coasters if you like. All hand made in different colors. I might bring a few blankets as well for the table. I am not a professional crocheter but I enjoy doing stuff. Just need before the date a ballpark number of people attending to make sure I bring enough. I am not a baker and not everyone likes Puertorican food,lol I do not know how to cook mexican food as I know everyones loves mexican food, 😢
For the raffle one item is all you need but people do sell things in the past. Oh, I like PR food. Sure did when I worked there, in PR. Fried plantains and land crab...

Back
Top Bottom