Michigan Hatchers! What'cha got cookin?

Pics
Oooooooh. I might have a broody blrw pullet! Might have to attempt to locate some sfh eggs. Hmmmmm. I am going to have WAY too many birds this year. Just paid the BIL off for the coop we're buying from him and we'll only be using one of the 2 a-frames for meat birds this year. What does that mean? Waaaay too much summer coop space. Lol

Well removed 7 clear eggs today. The rest looked pretty good. I sure hope the rest of the shipped eggs make it. Out of 14 from one shipment only 6 left and 2 of them looked clear but were a bit pourous so I left them for a few more days to be sure. and of the 13 of the others shipped I have 12 looking good with nice veins and my 15 mutts all veined :) Really really want my silkies to make it!!!!

Out of the 7 I culled there were 2 with yolk intact and the other 5 were scrambled and running. Not sure if it was shipping or bad eggs. The air cells were already pretty big when I got them. They were pretty good size eggs. The tiny ones that are all doing good and the big ones were bad...I would have thought it would be the other way around.

Shipped eggs can make you crazy. Sometimes it goes really well and other times you get nothing. Scrambled eggs is from shipping. Nothing anyone can really do about it.

Up to a dozen eggs for the incubator, and now I'm trying to decide if I want to start with 2 doz or go for filling it up (42). I caught 2 of my barred hens laying today, so I'm hoping I can compare those to everything else I'm collecting from that coop to keep a few more. That cross will also tell me if my roo is blue or splash. He's either a washed out blue or a dark splash. Lol

I set 13 turkey eggs and 2 duck eggs last night. In a few days I will set some Silkie eggs and Polish eggs with them. Yayyyyy! I can't wait!

wee.gif
celebrate.gif

I set 13 turkey eggs and 2 duck eggs last night. In a few days I will set some Silkie eggs and Polish eggs with them. Yayyyyy! I can't wait!

:weee :celebrate

Awesome! I'm so jeleous! I WOULD have had turkey eggs but my FIL let the Eastern Wild trio I gave him out - so no more turkeys :barnie I wish people would listen to me... like nope, if you let them out to get fresh grass they WILL fly/run away!

Yep, my thoughts exactly. And they knew I was going to be mad because they didn't tell me , I stopped for a visit yesterday and found out :/

Oh and your Narrangansett toms are beautiful, I love those colors. I'm going to get a more tame less-flighty breed next...and keep them at MY place.

Last edited:
Hi. I'm rejoining BYC because I can't get into my old handle.

We are hatching some ancona pekin crosses and its day 29. Only one has an external pip and this is my first hatch.

They were all fertile at lockdown and the temp/humidity has been stable. I added ventilation before the external pip happened.

Hope we see sonething

I received some of my show quality millie/calico cochin bantam eggs today! The rest should arrive tomorrow!

I cant wait to get them hatched out and see what colors and type I get!
The 1dos was very expensive but totally worth it. Now got fingers crossed for a good hatch rate and lots of girls!

Will be getting my broddy hens ready tonight to hatch them out for me!

Yep, my thoughts exactly. And they knew I was going to be mad because they didn't tell me , I stopped for a visit yesterday and found out
hmm.png

Oh and your Narrangansett toms are beautiful, I love those colors. I'm going to get a more tame less-flighty breed next...and keep them at MY place.

That sounds like the best idea! Then you get to enjoy watching them also!!! :) They are so much fun!

Back
Top Bottom