Michigan Hatchers! What'cha got cookin?

Pics
Should be home from vacation tomorrow and I'm crossing fingers and toes that either my silkies are laying or that they are broody. Then it'll be time to set up the dog crate for my blue sex-links and seriously consider hatching some ee's out of my ameraucanas that are in with a barred cockerel......could make sex linked olive eggers next year with those......

Just about the only thing I'm excited about coming back from a week of 80 degree sunny weather is the fact that I'll be able to fire up the incubator.

Moved my 27 shipped eggs into the turner today. Did a quick candeling and I had veins in all my eggs I marked with good air cells :) I had veins in a few of wiggly air sacs and I had some that didn't show anything yet but it is to early to remove gonna give the till day 10 and it is only day 5. I had one oozing i culled it and it was scrambled.So out of the 27 shipped I have at least 15 or so developing! I have veins in all 15 of my mutt eggs from my own girls :) So 41 went into the turner...keeping fingers crossed for my shipped silkies :) So relieved to see some life :) I was gonna wait to day 7 but I just could see letting them sit any longer expecially hand turning the others that is a lot of babysitting lol

Should be home from vacation tomorrow and I'm crossing fingers and toes that either my silkies are laying or that they are broody. Then it'll be time to set up the dog crate for my blue sex-links and seriously consider hatching some ee's out of my ameraucanas that are in with a barred cockerel......could make sex linked olive eggers next year with those......

Just about the only thing I'm excited about coming back from a week of 80 degree sunny weather is the fact that I'll be able to fire up the incubator.
Welcome home (when you get there) ..... an incubation is just the treat to get you over your 'reentry'! Good Luck!

walnuthill i set 2 goose eggs and 2 turkey this am.. and in 6 days i will put some chicken eggs in. have you ever hatched turkey eggs b4, i am new to goose and turkey hatching. Good Luck

aart - Welcome home..

lmao.. sorry aart

welcome home glad..

I put my chicks outside yesturday, they made it thru the night and doing great.. they are 8wk and 5wk old .. made sure there was lots of straw, no heat.. i think they like it out there,

cleaned out the big coop with adults chickens in it.. thinking i will probably take heated water bucket out. and have lighting come on at 5am.. and soon i wont be adding light.

Woo Hoo!!! Went out to check and Rhianna's eggs are hatching!!! I see at least 2 little fuzzballs right now and will go out and check to see if there are more later!!!

Collected my first 3 eggs for the incubator!!! An Ameraucana egg (under a barred mix roo) a polish or Houdan egg (under my blue Wyandotte roo) and a silkie egg. I'd try pulling some from the fridge but it looks like she washed all of those.

Back
Top Bottom