Michigan Hatchery/back yard hatchery??

Anny

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
Detroit Michigan
I've heard of this silky hatchery mentioned in the other link, but I was wondering if there are any other local Michigan Hatcheries that I might be able to visit or get chicks.

I feel weird getting chick in the mail and would rather pick them up in person. Somthing just doesn't seem right about mailing animals.

Townline Hatchery is in Zeeland. I have no idea where you are in comparison. They have a small selection but I've been happy with them. I assume you can go in person, I can't say for sure though.

I have never done it but I just talked with them and you can go in person. They hatch on Mondays and Tuesdays. Call before going to make sure they are hatching what you are interested in first.

To be clear though, they aren't a small hatchery, I would consider them commercial for sure.

They do have silkies in their bamtam assortment. If you call and make a appointment they might sell a few silkies if they are picked up on hatch date.

I paid them $20 online and ordered 8 silkies....and they woudln't accept my calls or return my emails. I was beyond ****** to say the least. On one hand I tell myself its only $20 and to speak poorly of a local farmer is bad for hs family business but then I think hey that's my $20 I earned and he had plenty of time to get back to me. Others have good luck with them, I'm not sure how I fell through the cracks.

zengrrl,
Are you referring to Destiny Farm or Townline, I assume Destiny Farm. I have not been there this year but I am sure if you stopped by they would make it right. They are good people, very busy, but good people.

I have been really happy with the birds we ordered from Townline, nice quality birds and out of 75 chicks we brooded we only lost one.

I personally wouldn't buy from Destiny farm.

Back
Top Bottom