Michigan Poultry Show Ban!!!!

When it comes down to it, though? I really don't much care. ...

Well, as the show secretary of the largest poultry show in Wisconsin, I am keenly aware of the issues surrounding this challenge. And, I do care. I hope you do not think I was "pounding" my point home for making 1 post in the last 6 months.

Oh, and we are meeting with the state vet later in June, as we decide whether to voluntarily cancel our show. So, at least here in Wisconsin, we are doing the work necessary to not only understand the problem, but also to point out that some of the early conclusions are not supported by fact.

Steve

Oh, and we are meeting with the state vet later in June, as we decide whether to voluntarily cancel our show. So, at least here in Wisconsin, we are doing the work necessary to not only understand the problem, but also to point out that some of the early conclusions are not supported by fact.

Steve
clap.gif
FANTASTIC - glad to hear this, Steve. Best of luck; hope it works out the way you're hoping it will. Seems like, as of now, most all Midwestern states are "closed," so it would be refreshing to see that your show is held.

I have seen this horrible disease first hand and I've seen how quickly it can kill an entire flock in a few days and I'm talking of million bird flocks. It is essential at this point to keep birds apart, to not let anyone near your birds who also has birds or has been on place that has birds. Practice the greatest possible biosecurity you can especially if you are in or near a state that has infected birds. We may get lucky that as the weather gets warmer that the virus will probably but not for sure die off. This horrid virus has caused the death of over 40 million birds, especially turkeys and chickens but many "exotic" species such as peacocks and guinea hens as well. It has cost the US millions of dollars. If it gets into our flocks in the south and southeast where we have huge flocks, it will cost millions more. It is absolutely the right thing to do to ban shows, auctions and any other ways that birds can come in contact with each other. There is no way that I would buy or bring another bird into my flock now, I will not allow anybody who has birds or has been on or near an infected flock to come any where near my birds until they have been away from that infected flock for at least 5 days. This is a big bad huge horrible outbreak and everyone needs to take it seriously. It is likely that people who have not taken proper precautions are at least one of the reasons for it's spread,

intersesting to know not that i am in Michigan or any around but its interesting to see what comes out of this and im glad they are trying to find a way to enterain people

Back
Top Bottom